Thread: GoRf :: 2017 VW Golf R (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    GoRf
    VW
    Golf R
    Limestone Grey Metallic
    DSG

Details

OEM P-Zero's on 19" Pretoria

Comments: 4 / Views: 3989
    Welcome to the forum!

What brings you here considering the nice new Golf in your garage?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hi, thanks for the welcome !

A couple of things brought me here to MirageForum.com: Buyer's remorse on the purchase as a Golf R is overkill for a 34 KM round-trip commute and about 800 KM total monthly driving. I have an affinity for smaller vehicles and hatchbacks (had a 2007 Yaris sedan, 2009 Smart fortwo, 2014 2-door Jeep Wrangler). Lastly, I've always got to have "the next car" lined up as a CYA or just-in-case as you never know what might happen...
    2018 Mirage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello craigq and welcome to the forum.

Let us know if there's anything you'd like to learn about the Mirage. Sub-compact cars like this are not for everyone. I had my doubts too but I enjoy driving mine and I'm glad I got one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by craigq View Post
    I have an affinity for smaller vehicles and hatchbacks
    Coincidentally, we have another Ottawa-area former-Smart owner on the forum who got a Mirage.

I've always got to have "the next car" lined up as a CYA or just-in-case as you never know what might happen...
    Is it too much of a stretch to get a Mirage for commuting duty and keep the Golf R for spirited driving/trips?

One of our members just posted how much he's enjoying his new (used) Mirage, especially because it keeps the miles off his play car Miata.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)