Thread: My Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

My Mirage

Bought my Mirage early spring decided on the G4 SEL
    I do no mind the car the mileage is great I find it fast enough . I get compliments how nice it rides and the room, especially in the back seat area . Handles well but a bit twitchy in the wind as it's a very light car with narrowissh tires. Hopefully it will be a good starter in winter no plug in lol . Things I do not like the maintenance is overpriced 150$ for synthetic oil change/tire rotation . Few other things no folding rear seat some bad rattles starting from dash and passenger door and engine compartment . One was fixed after car was driven for a while on hot dry days the rear would squeak coming to a stop . After they adjusted the rear shoes and cleaned at 7,000 kms it went away but now I have a loose heat shield another is coming too a stop in gear it will nudge forward as trans drops down if I don't have foot firmly on brake.
    Do they all do that ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jbear For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-07-2017)

Welcome! Maintenance isn't expensive, $150 is way too much for an oil change and tire rotation. The car only takes 3 liters of oil.

I've dealt with a few cars with squeaky rear brakes, mostly from dust and gravel. But they all had way more miles than yours.
    And yeah, all the cvt's seem to do that. I believe it's the tranny downshifting when it lurches forward like that. I learned to hold the brakes a little harder when stopping.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I said the same thing, this car doesn't even hold 3l of oil lol , thnx for the reply

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $150 should be a 30k service. Lordy.

Time to avoid the place charging that. Dealer? I would never let a dealer change oil unless it is some kind of coupon $30 special or something.

Find one for $45. Lots of chains and indie mechanics are well under $55.
    Personally, I don't even bother with synthetic. Just get the recommended weight. I have had 2 cars over 200k miles do great with conventional oil. I don't see the pay off.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I let the dealer do my first oil change because it was free and I did not get the rotate since I told them I just installed the new wheels/tires. My next service and every service after that will be done by me and me only unless it's an expensive repair or defect covered by warranty.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny Mullet For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (09-07-2017)