Thread: MAp Sensor - Transmission Issue Mirage 2014 - 1000cc - Thailand Made Right Hand Drive

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

MAp Sensor - Transmission Issue Mirage 2014 - 1000cc - Thailand Made Right Hand Drive

Hello.

I got Mirage 2014 - 1000cc imported from Thailand. It has done 16,000km to date.

For the past 3 weeks, i have strange problem.

The fuel economy has dropped dramatically. Before the first dot of fuel indicator use to go off over 90km driven, now it is at 60km.

Things i have noticed while driving.

Acceleration is still good. But when i ease my foot from the accelerator to slow down, RPM drops with a light jerk. Even at slow speed of 20 - 40km/h, there is some sort of hesitation in slowing down.

Also, the gear ratio has increased a little bit.

Also, it happen after few kilometers when the car gets hot. In the rainy weather is it all good.

What could be the reason. I have cleaned the throttle body as well.

Also, what i have tried is that i stick tape to narrow down the air intake just after the MAP sensor, and car seem to run better and fuel economy also improved.

MAP sensor is all cleared. Air filter is brand new, oil change and oil filter is always on time. Transmission oil is all good, checked at cold and hot temperature.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello Mirage2014 and welcome to the forum.

I hope some of our other forum members who have more experience with this can provide some advice and assistance.

In the meantime, any further information you can provide will be helpful. For example, perhaps you could better explain why you narrowed your air intake. Also, what did you use for your cleaning? I understand some sensors could be damaged by certain cleaners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Mirage2014 and welcome to the forum.

I hope some of our other forum members who have more experience with this can provide some advice and assistance.

In the meantime, any further information you can provide will be helpful. For example, perhaps you could better explain why you narrowed your air intake. Also, what did you use for your cleaning? I understand some sensors could be damaged by certain cleaners.
    I had the feeling that car was taking too much air. it was recommended by a friend and it worked good.

I didn't clean the air sensor, it looked clean.

For cleaning the throttle body i used Throttle Body Cleaner that comes in spray form.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Problems like this can be difficult to troubleshoot, especially at a distance.

Like all cars, many things can affect fuel consumption. Air pressure in the tires can have a big impact, as well as driving habits. Poor quality fuel can lead to a buildup of deposits that can keep an engine from running it's best. A forum member from Germany with the 1 liter engine reported sticking engine valves that caused problems. Read this for more detail: 3A90 Intake valves stuck open, carbonized, full of gunk and car won't start.

The Mirage CVT automatic transmission has two ranges - low and high. It is easily noticeable when it shifts, and I suspect this explains the jerk or hesitation you describe in your original post.

I'm sorry I can only do so much to help! You may have to take your car to a Mitsubishi dealer for service. But please do let us know how things work out.

Best wishes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2014 View Post
    Hello.

I got Mirage 2014 - 1000cc imported from Thailand. It has done 16,000km to date.

For the past 3 weeks, i have strange problem.

The fuel economy has dropped dramatically. Before the first dot of fuel indicator use to go off over 90km driven, now it is at 60km.

Things i have noticed while driving.

Acceleration is still good. But when i ease my foot from the accelerator to slow down, RPM drops with a light jerk. Even at slow speed of 20 - 40km/h, there is some sort of hesitation in slowing down.

Also, the gear ratio has increased a little bit.

Also, it happen after few kilometers when the car gets hot. In the rainy weather is it all good.

What could be the reason. I have cleaned the throttle body as well.

Also, what i have tried is that i stick tape to narrow down the air intake just after the MAP sensor, and car seem to run better and fuel economy also improved.

MAP sensor is all cleared. Air filter is brand new, oil change and oil filter is always on time. Transmission oil is all good, checked at cold and hot temperature.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
    How long have you had the car? Fuel economy change could be anything, different fuel, tires pressure, weather, wind,traffic, how you drive, who drives etc. I'd try a better way of figuring fuel consumption. Going off the first bar isn't very accurate.
    I assume you have a cvt. These cars shift much different than a conventional automatic and take some getting used to. I don't know about the 1.0l but the 1.2 can be a little weird as you come to a stop. It sometimes lurches forward once at a complete stop as it downshift. I'm not sure what you mean by the gear ratio increased? Is it reving higher than it used to at the same speed? Is your rad fan and/ac compressor kicking in when coming to a stop?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)