Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connecting to bluetooth with S8+ in 2017 Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took it to the dealership again today on monday. He wasn't sure what caused it. He reflashed the entire system and updated it. Afterwards when it still wasn't working he said he did a hard reset on the entire thing after disconnecting the microphone. Tried it again and it didn't work. Then for good measure he said he disconnected the microphone one more time and did a hard reset....IT WORKS! I was able to make a call and the person said they heard me loud and clear. The call quality was great. Nice, loud and crisp. They said if it happens again since they're still not sure what caused it expect to drop it off for the entire day while they call all their service departments to figure out solutions from their techs...I hope it doesn't come to that! But i'm stoked it works, its been hard using a cell phone mounted to the dash with the cell speaker since it's not so loud.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Nice!

So, where is your microphone located - on the steering wheel cover or the overhead console?

I'm inclined to suspect the microphone connection as the cause of this problem. In my understanding, 'flashing' new software doesn't correct hardware problems. It would be helpful to know what connection the technician worked on - the connector at the microphone end of the cable or at the JCI Bluetooth controller.

Resetting may wake up hardware, but I would worry about the problem returning.

Also, what version firmware did you get? This should be available from the diagnostics menu through your radio display.

Congratulations - glad to hear you got this working. And thanks for sharing the results.

PS: Did you find any instructions for this Bluetooth setup? I don't think I've seen any, and it would be good to have a copy available for others. If you don't already have a set of instructions with your owner's manual, I would expect your dealer to provide it. If you don't have an owner's manual, ask for one! The version available online doesn't discuss the dash-mounted Bluetooth controls (at least last time I checked...)
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-19-2017 at 09:48 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscv0341 View Post
    ....IT WORKS! I was able to make a call and the person said they heard me loud and clear. The call quality was great. Nice, loud and crisp.
    Hey jscv0341 how's things going? Hopefully your bluetooth is holding up just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Eggman, well as of lately it started to fade out. It was working well for a little while and then my girlfriend said during a call it just got fainter and fainter until zilch.

I'm thinking it's a faulty mic loosing power somehow. The service tech said if it happens again to bring it it but be prepared to drop it off for a day or so while they look up the best way to take care of it, If anything they'll replace it they said.

I haven't brought it in yet though as the car drives just fine and i'm enjoying driving freaking everywhere for practically nothing (compared to my other car) I'm thinking i'll just upgrade the headunit to a double din screen w/ a built in mic.

So far lately i've just been using my phone with a vent mount.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jscv0341 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-22-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you get any free service? I got a free first oil change. That might be a good time to get this addressed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I get a free first oil change! I'll call em up when it's about time and set an appointment/ask them to look at the microphone...I think i'm on 3k right now, i'm assuming it's at 5k.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscv0341 View Post
    I get a free first oil change! I'll call em up when it's about time and set an appointment/ask them to look at the microphone...I think i'm on 3k right now, i'm assuming it's at 5k.
    Nice. So they want it for a day, eh?

1. Let them know that your steering wheel isn't level straight when driving along and that they should check the alignment for you. Be sure to ask for printed results. And pay particular attention to the rear axle alignment.

2. Ask for an Outlander or Outlander Sport for a loaner - you know, in case one wants to trade up in the future.