Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Connecting to bluetooth with S8+ in 2017 Mirage ES

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Connecting to bluetooth with S8+ in 2017 Mirage ES

I have the base manual with no nav screen or anything fancy like that. I was wondering how you connect your phone? I see a microphone near the rearview mirror and to the left of the buttonless steering wheel near the mirror adjust is a phone icon with an up and down arrow.

Holding down the phone icon until it beeps and saying "pair phone, setup" or anything like that doesn't seem to do anything. Connecting the s8+ to the usb cord just yields a unsupported device message.

There is nothing in the manual that seems to give clear instruction, most of it refers to pressing the speech button on the steering wheel to activate listening mode, but i don't have a speech button i don't think.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello jscv0341 and welcome to the forum.

I searched and came across a thread that seems to cover your question: 2014 Mirage DE Bluetooth Question

In post #8, forum member Cani Lupine describes the process he used to connect:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    The DE models don't have the controls on the steering wheel. It'll be down and to the left of the wheel, as shown on the third post on this thread. You'll need to manually connect the two first by going into your phone's Bluetooth settings and entering the code. You can get the code by pressing and holding that phone button, which gives beeps for numbers. In my case, the code was 1, 2, 3, 4.
    Read over the thread and see if that makes any sense. I understand the bluetooth interface is different (sparse?) compared to the version with the steering wheel controls.

Sorry for such a late response, but here's hoping it helps. Let us know how things work out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

jscv0341 (09-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Eggman! That worked out perfectly, All you gotta do is press and hold the call button and it will beep out your code. More than likely it is 1234. While it's beeping keep scanning for something to connect to with your phone. Eventually you will see your car pop up and you can click to connect. From there you can choose on your phone whether you want call audio AND music to go through bluetooth. I opted for just call audio as the aux cable will give you better bass rather than bluetooth. Which is another issue, is anyone else's aux volume kind of soft? It's maxed out on the phone and on 45 maxed out in the car but it is not loud at all!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jscv0341 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jscv0341 View Post
    Thanks Eggman! That worked out perfectly, All you gotta do is press and hold the call button and it will beep out your code. More than likely it is 1234. While it's beeping keep scanning for something to connect to with your phone. Eventually you will see your car pop up and you can click to connect. From there you can choose on your phone whether you want call audio AND music to go through bluetooth. I opted for just call audio as the aux cable will give you better bass rather than bluetooth. Which is another issue, is anyone else's aux volume kind of soft? It's maxed out on the phone and on 45 maxed out in the car but it is not loud at all!
    I noticed the volume on Bluetooth is much louder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Eggman! That worked out perfectly
    And thanks for Cani Lupine for posting the fix.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I noticed the volume on Bluetooth is much louder.
    Just picked up a thumb drive, gonna see if it's compatible with the mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like I spoke too soon. The audio for the call plays through the speakers but the person I'm calling can't hear what I'm saying even if I speak into the mic! Is there some sort of mute? The up and down arrows or holding down the call button doesn't do anything...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's a few things to look at.

1. Do you have a manual for the Bluetooth adaptor? Since it is a port installed accessory, and one that operates different from the version with steering wheel controls, I suspect there may be a separate set of instructions for this. If no instructions were provided, your dealer should provide instructions.

I used these as my reference:
    Mparts411.com - Port Installed Accessories
    Mparts411.com: 2017 MIRAGE / PORT INSTALLED OPTIONS (I'm pretty sure this is your model Mirage...)

Option Code Description Notes MSRP
    F6 Bluetooth® Hands-Free Kit Bluetooth® Hands-Free Kit $210

2. I wrote of my experience updating my Bluetooth firmware, but it's for the version with steering wheel controls. I think some of the steps for accessing the Hands Free system diagnostics might be the same for your setup.

Thread: Link System | Fuse | HFM (Hands Free Module) - Software Update

Post number 2 details how I got into the Hands Free system's diagnostics, including a microphone test feature. It might work for you.

3. The overhead panel that usually contains the microphone is easily popped out - check to see if your microphone is actually installed there. Some Mirages have the microphone installed on the steering wheel cowl.

If you make a garage entry here on the forum, it can help others understand how your Mirage is configured. Garage empty: add car There you can keep track of your Mirage, any modifications, and share with others. Consider it a web log for your Mirage.

I'm sorry that I'm not much help, but I'd like to learn more and of course share the fix here with others.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up taking it to the dealership on saturday. The service department was closed but i had a salesman look at the bluetooth system. He connected just fine but tried doing a diagnostic on it and concluded that the microphone was not working properly... He said when service opens i should take it to them and have them try and look at it and see if they can't get it to work or if something isn't installed properly.

I love this car but looks like the quality control isn't so good as this is the second thing that's failed on the car since i've had it. Hopefully it'll get fixed without too much fuss.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love this car but looks like the quality control isn't so good as this is the second thing that's failed on the car since i've had it. Hopefully it'll get fixed without too much fuss.
    It might be a failure. It may also be that the microphone is missing, disconnected or not connected properly. Being a port installed option, I would expect a simple explanation.

Looking forward to learning more about the fix for this. Sorry for your troubles!