Thread: Ride height

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks

Unhappy Ride height

Hi, would like to seek opinion for ride height for front and rear of our Mirage touge specification. I recently got myself a coilover with adjustable heights and soft hard, I have it adjust same height front and rear (measurements from the chassis under the car), rear 2 fingers (distance from tire to fender) , front looks higher, however I'm still not satisfied with the handling as compared to using sport springs only before this with mere 1 finger height at the rear and front

Is it because of the height, or is it I got the roll center "adjusted" poorly..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Its likely because the spring rates of the coilovers you are using are lower than the sport springs you had on the car before. I assume you're using tein coilovers which are known to be a bit soft. What springs did you have on the car?
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Taiwan
    Thanks
    I got the sport spring second hand which was from a suspension service shop which made custom springs (was told front rear 4k). I got the coilover from another shop call ftuned, their spring rate are 4k front rear as well, so I'm guessing it is a height problem? Hmm..

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjoooyyy View Post
    Hi, would like to seek opinion for ride height for front and rear of our Mirage touge specification. I recently got myself a coilover with adjustable heights and soft hard, I have it adjust same height front and rear (measurements from the chassis under the car), rear 2 fingers (distance from tire to fender) , front looks higher, however I'm still not satisfied with the handling as compared to using sport springs only before this with mere 1 finger height at the rear and front

Is it because of the height, or is it I got the roll center "adjusted" poorly..
    Hi bro,

I am considering getting coil overs from FTuned. In what way was the FTuned equipped handling was unsatisfactory to you?

Thanks,
    Fit

Country
    Singapore
    Thanks
    It's not the coilover problem, it's the way how you set/tuned, tyre and alignment specs. and also the driver. Cheers