Thread: Hello from Greece - Athens

Country
    Greece
    Thanks

Hello from Greece - Athens

Hello to all !!

I have just bought a brand new blue 1.2 CVT Space star from the local dealer !!
    Here in in Greece it is the "full extra" version with has keyless entry and Xenon headlights

I am driving it for 4 days and I have to say that it is very quite inside !! the only problem is that the average consumption according to the car computer is 10 lt/100 km and i hope it is a matter of very new engine.....

I am serching for a 2 din android unit and for an auro dimming rear view mirror and i hope to post soon some pics of my project...

Leonidas

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Hello Leonidas and welcome to the forum.

This model car can get some impressive fuel economy from the very beginning of ownership. It responds to careful driving - easy starts and stops, especially once the engine is up to operating temperature. Short trips with a cold engine will cause higher fuel consumption, along with other things like low tire pressure.

There are a few threads here detailing replacing the factory radio. Have a look around and I'm sure you will find someone who has shared how they did it. If you ever do replace your radio and/or rear-view mirror, be sure to tell us.

Welcome!
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-22-2017 at 03:52 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome aboard!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, Leonidas.

Congratulations on your Space Star.

I agree the car can be surprisingly quiet with the CVT - if you're gentle with the throttle, the engine revs very low. It can be quite a relaxing drive.

What car were you driving before? Was it getting the rated fuel economy? What type of driving (lots of Athens city traffic?) It's normal for a brand new car to get worse fuel economy until it breaks in, but 10 L / 100 km is very high consumption for a Mirage (23.5 mpg US).

Glad to have you here.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Welcome! If you can check your tire pressure, I've seen a lot of new Mirage's delivered with pressures all over the place. They'd have to be pretty flat to make you only get 10l/100km though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

lpat2001 (09-27-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lpat2001 View Post
    Hello to all !!

I have just bought a brand new blue 1.2 CVT Space star from the local dealer !!
    Here in in Greece it is the "full extra" version with has keyless entry and Xenon headlights

I am driving it for 4 days and I have to say that it is very quite inside !! the only problem is that the average consumption according to the car computer is 10 lt/100 km and i hope it is a matter of very new engine.....

I am serching for a 2 din android unit and for an auro dimming rear view mirror and i hope to post soon some pics of my project...

Leonidas
    There are 2 fuel economy meter settings on the Mirage A & B. "A" resets itself after approximately 4 hours of the vehicle not running. "B" will not reset until you manually reset it. To see the "B" economy push the button until the Km until empty range shows in the display. It will be set on "A", push and hold until it switches to "B". It will now show "B" with Km until empty range. Push the button again and it will show the fuel economy from the last time "B" was reset. "A" is basically useless as far as I'm concerned. I reset my "B" with every fill up and some members never reset "B" to see the lifetime average.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

lpat2001 (09-27-2017)

Country
    Greece
    Thanks
    Τhank you all for your warm welcome and advises!!

Most of my driving up to now was with a Nissan Qashqai 2.0 CVT (Rogue in US)..
    Its fuel consumption was 10 - 13 lt/100 km in Athens city and 8-9.5 in open roads.....hopefully Mirage wil be much less !!!!

I will soon post some photos regarding my upcoming Mirage projects!!!

Last edited by lpat2001; 09-27-2017 at 05:07 PM.