Thread: Air bag warning light help needed please.

Country
    Great Britain
    Thanks

Air bag warning light help needed please.

I have a 13 mirage 3. A few months back my air bag light randomly came on i didnt hit anything just assumed someone had while i was parked. Anyway I paid £50 to have it run through a machine and reset to get it through the MOT. 2 weeks ago I was driving along a very flat smooth flat surfaced road behind a tractor so going about 15mph and ping the light is back on.
    Is there a way to reset it?_

Did the shop that reset your light tell you what airbag code was stored? You're gonna need to figure that out first. Most cheapo code readers can't read airbag or abs lights. I haven't ran into intermittent airbag lights before. The most common cause of an airbag light I've seen were caused by a faulty airbag sensor or clock-spring. The only airbag light I've seen on a Mirage was caused by a side impact sensor not being plugged in properly after being repaired by a body shop.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My air bag light came on, and it was just a plug underneath the passenger seat. Our dealer said that people will hit it with their shoes all the time and eventually knock it loose. My dealer said it's a common problem that they've had to just simply get under there and plug it back in. I know there's like 20 different things that could cause it but I would check under your seats and make sure everything's plugged in properly. Just an idea!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to K.house73 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-22-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by K.house73 View Post
    My air bag light came on, and it was just a plug underneath the passenger seat. Our dealer said that people will hit it with their shoes all the time and eventually knock it loose. My dealer said it's a common problem that they've had to just simply get under there and plug it back in. I know there's like 20 different things that could cause it but I would check under your seats and make sure everything's plugged in properly. Just an idea!
    That's exactly what happened with me under the passenger seat.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)