Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having problems with my FAST key!!! HELP!! (SOLVED - caused by proximity badge)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammer878 View Post
    Unplugged the yellow framed fuses but anytime I open my driver door. It beeps and dings until I close it!
    Did you try to start the car with the fuses removed? If so then there is definitely an issue with the FAST. The only warranty issue I’ve had is my ETACS unit was bad and was replaced. FAST has been very reliable so if yours is not working correctly I would consider it an anomaly, not a overall indicator of problems.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Last edited by Eggman; 09-24-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Added the link to the video I uploaded to YouTube.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bammer878 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-24-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And yes I did try and start the car with the fuses removed and it did t do anything. Wouldn’t start or anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What happens when you place the fob in the FAST override slot in front of the cup holders on the floor console?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Doesn’t make a difference. I’ll try again though. I think you or someone else mentioned that the dealer “cycled” the keys and that worked but i don’t know how to do that or what that means!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It sounds like there is an issue with the FAST receiver communicating with the fob. Since you stated it doesn’t matter which key you use you get the same result.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea something isn’t right. But I will take it to the dealer when I can and see what they say. I’ll keep everyone posted. Thanks for all the input

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    UPDATE!!!! So it started working fine again. I have a badge that has some kind of chip in it that allows me access through gates and stuff and that was in the cubby next to the key cubby. I don’t know if maybe that was interfering with the signal or not but I removed my badge from the center console and it’s working normal again! Will update again if maybe that was just a fluke or not. But I did try it a few times and it worked like normal so yay!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bammer878 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-25-2017),Fummins (09-25-2017),Top_Fuel (09-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bammer878 View Post
    UPDATE!!!! So it started working fine again. I have a badge that has some kind of chip in it that allows me access through gates and stuff and that was in the cubby next to the key cubby. I don’t know if maybe that was interfering with the signal or not but I removed my badge from the center console and it’s working normal again! Will update again if maybe that was just a fluke or not. But I did try it a few times and it worked like normal so yay!
    Yeah! The receiver is in the console so any electromagnetic transmitter can interfere. The FAST system uses a super low powered transmitter in the fob (which is why the battery lasts about 2 years). Makes sense because some people have reported problems with cell phones being in the same pocket as the fob so a RFID badge might have been activated by the console or fob.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Bammer878 (09-25-2017)