Thread: Hi.

Country
    Norway
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hi.

I'm not sure where to start this.. So I start somewhere random..

I'm a car guy, I like random cars, old stuff, new stuff.. I run my own business together with two other guys.. Lives in Norway, together with my better half..

I got this, US built 86 Golf imported over here 6 years ago.. Low, BBS wheels, Porsche handles, a few mods.

And this 59 Beetle, grandpa owned, OG paint, unrestored car

I grew up in Cyprus where I still got a holiday home.. I used to have a 91 Mirage there actually. Painted flat red by yours truly, this car was a turd but I've never had a beater this fun before or after

Three pots are where it's at.. I got a 81 Daihatsu Charade, 2 speed auto three cylinder.. ATS wheels, they are a little too wide but 4x110 is a stupid bolt pattern lol

I also got my 89 Daihatsu Charade GTti.. Three cylinder turbo and intercooled from stock, about 100 bhp, today's setup should be closer to 200.. At less than 1700s. I just wait for the sound of the turbo driving my Mirage. In 2014

Today, just finished building a set of 7/8J OZ Turbos.

My daily up until now.. I've been putting 18k miles a year on this thing for the past seven years, it has 192k miles on it.. 2000 Toyota Funcargo. Here with coilovers and Borbet Atiwe wheels.

The plan was for the Funcargo to go into winter storage together with the other cars. I just got rammed in it by some driver not paying attention, we'll see what happens.. Good thing I already had a new driver ready

My Mirage (or Space Star as it's called here)

I threw some 17s at it..

I picked up a Mirage for a few reasons. It's a three cylinder Coilovers are available, it's 4x100 (I have a few sets of wheels as you may guess).. I was getting tired of wrenching on a driver so I wanted a newish car. I played a game of 'How much new car can you get for as little money as possible?', I had my eyes on a Mirage for a while as you just can't beat the value for money. Found a car on our local Craigslist equivalent, sorted price low to high.. I have a rule of 'never buying the cheapest' and I broke my own rule..

Turned out the guy who sold it was a customer of ours, he knocked off a little more and we had a deal.. First impressions: 17s helped immensely for the handling and stability of the car. The heater/air con is the most noisy thing ever.. The rear spoiler makes up for it. It got most options sans cruise - on the drive home I figured out I had navi and bluetooth, which I didn't know when buying the car

So yeah.. I dig this car. Gotta look into Godspeed coils or similar. Car currently has 23k miles, it's a 2013. 11 months of warranty left.. I have to do a rear alignment and figure out the score while it's still under warranty.

So yeah.. I guess that's my intro.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eiriksmil For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello eiriksmil and welcome to the forum.

That's quite a collection of cars! It'll be fun to see what comes of your Space Star.

Now's a good time to make a garage entry here on the forum.

And be sure to put up some pictures.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Norway
    Thanks
    Yeah, this will be fun.. I work 60 hrs a week, I'll see what I can do lol.

I don't have major plans for the car, but the long antenna needs to go, we don't even have analog radio around here any longer but it needs to have something for looks so I gotta find a stubby antenna. Also the badges on the hatch will probably not stay, not sure if a US spec Mirage badge would be cool..

If anyone wonders how 8Jx17 ET20 looks on a stock Mirage, I did try on a set of Rotiforms I have laying in the garage before trying on the white wheels.. They are 7Jx17 ET35 for the record..

Fantastic intro post, eiriksmil.

Gotta love your fleet of cars, especially the grandpa Beetle.

Welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)