Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Today or tomorrow I might buy my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I did it. I bought my Mirage and actually drove it home. My Fiat is at the dealership waiting for me to pick it up, but to do that I am going to have to rent a car.

I bought the 2017 SE. It also has fog lights. It was only about $1500 more than the ES, and I think that all the features plus the fog lights do indeed make it worth $1500 more. I am at peace with my decision.

My experience at the dealership was really weird. There were no high-pressure sales tactics applied. In fact, there were practically no sales tactics used. The salesman didn't even try harder to sell me on the SE when I mentioned I was also interested in the ES. It was like "Whatever you want ... ." However, I didn't get them to come down much on the cars.com price. They came down a little, but not much. But the cars.com price was already lower than prices at other dealerships in the region so I kinda felt that I wouldn't get them to come down much.

I enjoyed my trip home. It's got more power than I expected. It felt good and more familiar than either my Fiat or the Toyota Yaris that the Fiat replaced. There are some things I don't like, but on the whole I love this car. It's pretty much exactly what I thought it would be.

Thanks again everyone for your advice. I appreciate it all even the advice I didn't take. You all are a big help!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (09-30-2017),Pryme (09-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice job. So is it a 5spd? What don't you like about it?

Pics are a must.

Don't rent a car to get yours. Have someone drop you off, or if you can't do that take ubur ha

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

bolo (09-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    I bought the 2017 SE...It was only about $1500 more than the ES...
    I'm glad I ponied up for the SE (well...it was called an ES in 2015 ). The cruise control was an absolute must for me. But I have found myself using the other features like the foglights, driver's seat adjustment, etc. I could have installed some of these things individually on a base model, but in the end I wouldn't be saving that much.

There were no high-pressure sales tactics applied. In fact, there were practically no sales tactics used.
    Lol...that's not a bad thing!

If you got a fair deal and you're happy with the car, that's all that counts! Glad everything worked out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

bolo (09-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dealership is pretty far away so I really can't ask anyone to drive me that far. I will ask them to drive me to the rental place.

What don't I like about the Mirage. Well, the reviews were right about the loud engine noise and road noise in the car, but I will adjust to that. I also find the clutch and brake a bit mushy for my tastes, but again, I will get used to it. That's pretty much it. The rest of the car, I absolutely love. I've got to see the gas mileage and if that is good then this is about as close to my dream car as I can get. I must say that I get some degree of satisfaction knowing that the only cars currently on the road that get better gas mileage than the Mirage are hybrids and electrics.

I will post pictures when I have a chance. It is a five speed. I wouldn't have any other, and it seems to me that I lucked out getting an SE with a five speed because the 2018 SE's are only CVT. Also, the color is infrared. It's kind of an interesting shade of red that looks different depending on the light.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I could have installed some of these things individually on a base model, but in the end I wouldn't be saving that much.
    There is no way I could add the SE options that I like for $1500. I think it was worth it.

If you got a fair deal and you're happy with the car, that's all that counts!
    Yes, I'm at peace with the deal, and I love my new car. I think it was a fair deal.

Glad everything worked out.
    Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    uber/lyft?
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by remusrm View Post
    uber/lyft?
    I really don't understand the difference between uber and a regular taxi. The dealership is about 120 miles from me and I know that the cost of a taxi would be comparable to renting a car.

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats on your purchase!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Congrats on your purchase!
    Thanks!

Yesterday, I was a little bit in shock at spending that kind of money outright, but this morning I am quite excited about the car. I am happy with my purchase. It is exactly what I've been wanting for the last 10 or 11 years since my Metro died.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I. But I have found myself using the other features like the foglights, driver's seat adjustment, .
    What adjustment does the seat gain? I've got a DE and it's only 2 way i think. Side note where did you get info on the 2018 armrest?

Congrats OP!! Might be worth asking the dealer to come get you, explain you just bought a car. Or pop an injector plug off and have em tow your car to the dealer, hide in the trunk

Enjoy