Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Today or tomorrow I might buy my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mine moves back and forth when in neutral easily. I give it the neutral shake everytime I put it in neutral haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I pumped up the tires with a compressor though not too much. The recommended pressure is 35 psi, and all my tires are now at 35-37 psi. According to the tires themselves, the max pressure is 44 psi, but I don't want to push it too close to the max. Maybe eventually, I will push it up to 38 or 39 psi.

However, I had to drive about 40 miles in total today, and now the computer is telling me I'm getting 48.1 mpg. Not too shabby and a pretty big jump for just adding some air. To be fair, though, one tire was indeed pretty low and the car was correct to give the low pressure warning. The others were a little low also. I am convinced that dealerships keep the pressure at the low end of acceptable to make the car seem to ride smoother than it should.

I'm adjusting to the push button start and the F.A.S.T. key, and I'm happy now that I bought the SE. The more I learn about it, the more wonderful it becomes. All the technology is pretty complicated. Even the locks took a while for me to figure out. Bluetooth is going to have to wait.

I have an acquaintance who drives a Mercedes. I have the exact same technology in my car that is in the Mercedes. Ha!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    Eggman, you might be more right than you know about blowing up the tires. I got a low tire pressure warning this morning.
    The stock PSI is 36. I would go to 39 for best mpg and performance. Anything over might wear out your tires too much on the middle and lower your cornering ability

This is my mpg for the life of the car:

http://www.fuelly.com/car/mitsubishi...remusrm/612816

in my fuelly garage you can see my 14 mirage without cruise got 38.8 for 94k I had it. You getting 45 is great since its way over the GOV results
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to remusrm For This Useful Post:

bolo (10-03-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I want to update this because some of my concerns were unfounded.

The engine and road noise in the Mirage is not worse and may be better than the noise in my Fiat. So I was wrong about that.

Also, I took a trip to a store about 35 miles away (one way) in a town where the traffic was horrible and stop-and-go. When I got home the computer told me that I got 51.7 mpg! That's the best mileage I've seen since I had my Geo Metro. Wow, I now know that I made the right decision getting the Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-14-2017),Pryme (10-14-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I filled up today for the first time (topping off after purchasing doesn't count), and I finally know the truth about the mileage. The combined mileage of everywhere I traveled is 46.7 miles/gallon. I was hoping for a bit more, but I don't think it's too bad. I started a log.

I'm going to top off the pressure in my tires to about 39 psi and that should give me a little better mileage. Other than that I will wait and hopefully the mileage will improve after break in. One thing I learned is that I get better mpg on long trips than on shorter trips.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I filled up today for the first time (topping off after purchasing doesn't count), and I finally know the truth about the mileage. The combined mileage of everywhere I traveled is 46.7 miles/gallon. I was hoping for a bit more, but I don't think it's too bad. I started a log.

I'm going to top off the pressure in my tires to about 39 psi and that should give me a little better mileage. Other than that I will wait and hopefully the mileage will improve after break in. One thing I learned is that I get better mpg on long trips than on shorter trips.
    try fuelly.com and follow me. I am RemusRM on there!
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    To get the most fuel mileage out of any car, it helps to know exactly what the computer is doing with respect to fuel delivery. Unfortunately, the "instant mpg" display in the Mirage is only updated every 30 seconds or so and doesn't provide the immediate feedback that really helps you learn how to drive the car for maximum fuel mileage.

I recommend using something like a Scangauge or similar device that provides instant mpg feedback as you drive. After a few days of driving while monitoring instant mpg feedback and you will quickly learn how your car responds to certain driving situations. A device like this is well worth the price, especially considering the other functions that it offers like gauges, OBDII code scanning/clearing, etc.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 10-19-2017 at 01:29 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

bolo (10-19-2017),MetroMPG (10-19-2017)

How close was that to what the car said for the tank? You know about the 'B' gauge, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

How close was that to what the car said for the tank? You know about the 'B' gauge, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I didn't use the "B" gauge because right now I want to know how my average mpg is each trip and not have to reset the trip computer. In the future, I will use the "B" gauge.

Just based on my quick calculations, it's a bit lower than the gauge was telling me over the last couple of weeks but not by much. Maybe 1-3 mpg.