Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Today or tomorrow I might buy my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That requires permanent cutting of the cars dash though.
    Well...yes it requires cutting of the speedometer trim and I know it sounds like you would have to be crazy to do this.

BUT...the trim around the speedometer that you will be cutting is a separate piece from the rest of the instrument panel. It pops out in 30 seconds...and believe it or not...it costs less than $10.

Name:  part_number.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  46.3 KB

Yes...you can buy a brand new part from Mitsubishi for under $10. That's a fraction of what a Scangauge mounting bracket costs...and this is a lot cooler. I cut my original piece and have a brand new one in a box in my attic...just in case I need it some day. You can swap these out in 2 minutes.

I'm still working on a detailed how-to with pics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well that does change things. Pretty cool. The angle I keep my wheel though looks like it would obstruct view of SG

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The angle I keep my wheel though looks like it would obstruct view of SG
    The gauge can be moved up/down in the trim to compensate for where you prefer the steering wheel tilt. It's not permanently mounted in a fixed position. It's only held in position by the tension of the dash trim "grabbing" it on both sides. This allows you to adjust the up/down position and angle when you are in the driver's seat.

For reference, I'm 5'9" and keep my tilt wheel about half-way up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting discussion. I'm not sure I want to cut my trim so I'm going to try to mount it elsewhere. I'm rather undecided on whether to get the ScanGauge or the UltraGauge. Regardless of the price difference (which isn't that much), I think I like the looks of the UltraGauge better. It looks like the display is a bit bigger.

The problem with UltraGauge is that when you order it, they ask what kind of mount do I want. I haven't even decided where I'm putting it much less decided the mount.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really like that top fuel and personally i would've of even bought a secondary panel, or thought twice.

How does that pop off? Just 'pop it off' ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    How does that pop off? Just 'pop it off'?
    Yeah...just grab the top portion of it and pull straight out. If you have push-button start, you have to unplug the start button onced you get everything loose.

Here's a pic I found online. You can see where the clips are on the back...

Name:  trim.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  50.1 KB

I'll get some formal instructions posted this weekend. I had to ruin one of these trim pieces to figure out the best way to do it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-25-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'll get some formal instructions posted this weekend. I had to ruin one of these trim pieces to figure out the best way to do it.
    Thanks for taking one for the team.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How did you come to the conclusion you were in the top 20 of all car salesman in the country? Is their a list somewhere?
    Hello Pryme. It wasn't my conclusion. That new car manufacturer published a monthly magazine listing the prior month's Top 50 salespeople out of their few thousand or so licensed salespeople across the entire US, listed by ranking of new vehicles sold in the prior month. Normally I was ranked between #13 and #17, but it's just easier for me to say Top 20.

But is there a list somewhere, you ask? There may be. The automotive industry publishes all kinds of compiled US data, but I don't recall if the general public has access to it or not.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Hello Pryme. It wasn't my conclusion. That new car manufacturer published a monthly magazine listing the prior month's Top 50 salespeople out of their few thousand or so licensed salespeople across the entire US, listed by ranking of new vehicles sold in the prior month. Normally I was ranked between #13 and #17, but it's just easier for me to say Top 20.

But is there a list somewhere, you ask? There may be. The automotive industry publishes all kinds of compiled US data, but I don't recall if the general public has access to it or not.
    That's awesome. Worked for Toyota I'd guess. Or Lexus.