Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Today or tomorrow I might buy my Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    I will post pictures when I have a chance. It is a five speed.
    Yes, pictures! Ohio should have a sunny afternoon today.

I'm glad everything worked out. From your description I might have gotten the wrong impression that this would be your first new-car buying experience. I'm glad the dealer treated you right.

Would you mind sharing what dealer you used? I don't think there is anything on this forum keeping us from discussing our dealer experience (Tim & Darin can clarify this point) and I think everyone would benefit from the feedback. Good customer service should be rewarded with word of mouth praise, and other dealers ought to take notice.

Congratulations! Here's to many years of enjoyable, reliable use.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not many SE 5spds on the forum. I have 2 and you just got one. They will be "collectors" haha

Glad your faith in humanity was not ruined by a crappy dealership experience!

People should feel free to name dealers -- good and bad -- on the forum. Nothing against that at all.

Congrats on the car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Not many SE 5spds on the forum. I have 2 and you just got one. They will be "collectors" haha
    My Speck is the 2015 model year equivalent - a ES 5 speed.

I like it. Every now and then, I wonder what the CVT is like to drive, especially around town.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The dealership was Columbus Mitsubishi North. The "North" is important because there is another Columbus Mitsubishi which may or may not be related. It's in the North of Columbus, I think not far from Powell. The salesman was Dakota. He is young and admittedly new. I was glad to give him a sale. Everyone there treated me like a VIP. Even the owner came over to shake my hand when I took delivery.

No strong-arm tactics were used which is unlike any dealership (or even used car dealership) where I have been. This summer, after my Yaris was totaled, I bought my Fiat at a used car dealership, and they employed typical strong-arm tactics which I didn't like. I'd rather the salesman to be straight with me as Dakota was rather than playing games. It makes buying a car not much different than buying anything else.

So, yeah, I can recommend Columbus Mitsubishi North.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    I've had great experiences with my last few new car purchases...the Mirage being one of them. All of the sales people pretty much begged me to rate them at 5 stars in my post-purchase survey. They all wanted to know what they could do to make sure I was 100% satisfied before I left the showroom. Who knows...maybe these dealership owners are finally getting the message?

The dealership is pretty far away so I really can't ask anyone to drive me that far.
    I rented a car from Enterprise when I bought my Mirage at a dealership 300 miles away. The guys at Enterprise dropped me off at the dealership. It was very easy.

...the reviews were right about the loud engine noise and road noise in the car...
    I found the car to be quieter than expected. The reviews were so critical, I expected it to sound like an empty box truck or something.

I also find the clutch and brake a bit mushy for my tastes...
    I had literally never driven a Mirage before I jumped in my car to drive it home. I read enough reviews on this forum to trust that I would be OK with it...and I was. But the first time I pushed in the clutch, it was so light that I thought it was broken. I have never driven a car with a lighter clutch feel.

What adjustment does the seat gain?
    My 2015 ES has a height-adjustable driver's seat. It's not a big deal but I do use it.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 09-30-2017 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (09-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I have never driven a car with a lighter clutch feel.
    Same here! Makes pushing in my 1.0L Firefly/Metro's clutch feel like driving a dump truck by comparsion.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I've had great experiences with my last few new car purchases...the Mirage being one of them. All of the sales people pretty much begged me to rate them at 5 stars in my post-purchase survey. They all wanted to know what they could do to make sure I was 100% satisfied before I left the showroom. Who knows...maybe these dealership owners are finally getting the message?

I rented a car from Enterprise when I bought my Mirage at a dealership 300 miles away. The guys at Enterprise dropped me off at the dealership. It was very easy.

I found the car to be quieter than expected. The reviews were so critical, I expected it to sound like an empty box truck or something.

I had literally never driven a Mirage before I jumped in my car to drive it home. I read enough reviews on this forum to trust that I would be OK with it...and I was. But the first time I pushed in the clutch, it was so light that I thought it was broken. I have never driven a car with a lighter clutch feel.

My 2015 ES has a height-adjustable driver's seat. It's not a big deal but I do use it.
    With the exception of Enterprise, I can agree with all this from first-hand experience.

It is nice to be treated humanely by a salesperson, rather than a poor sap to be exploited.

Regarding noise level, I've driven *much* louder cars. The Mirage is fine. It it were a big deal, one can always add sound deadening material.

This is the lightest clutch I've ever driven. I laugh when driving our Ford Fusion, I have to exert much more effort.

I thought I would use the height adjustment more, but I don't usually fiddle with it. I think it would help those who find the seats uncomfortable and/or want to add cushioning.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MightyMirageMpg (09-30-2017),Top_Fuel (10-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm sure that I will adapt to the noise level. It wasn't a deal breaker for me even after the test drive. Honestly, the only thing I can compare the clutch to is the clutch on my small garden tractor. But it works and I'm happy. This car turned out to be everything I thought it was and more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-01-2017)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Brakes on the 2017 model are way better than previous models.