Thread: Video: 2017 Mirage CVT review (Zack Spencer)

Video: 2017 Mirage CVT review (Zack Spencer)

In case you ever wondered if auto reviewers read the comments you post...

When this reviewer first drove a 2014 Mirage, he hated it. He also posted arguably one of the most negative and least professional reviews of the car in its first year, never even mentioning the car's reason for being: class-leading price, warranty, and fuel economy.

Sadly, being one of the earliest North American Mirage YouTube reviews, it garnered a lot of views -- approaching 90,000 currently.

A lot of people left comments under his original YouTube video taking him to task for its omissions ... so much so, that he even mentions it in the new one!

Now I can clearly remember when I did a review of the Mirage when it came out about 3 years ago, and the online community beat me up. They said, Zach, you've got it all wrong! This car isn't about performance - it's all about getting the most out of each tank of fuel. And they have a point.

It's nice that he acknowledges his past oversights. But the bizarre thing about this new review is the pendumlum seems to have swung to the complete opposite side: he literally says NOTHING negative about the car this time. Very odd.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-29-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you have a link to the video?
    mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

That's funny, he probably bought one after his Spark fell apart.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

FYI: If you ever see an embedded YouTube video, the video title on the top left of the preview is the link to view it on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgNEgc8pXcs

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)