Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This review is unbelievable

Yeah it's pretty clear they have a thing for Honda's. I browsed through a few of their other reviews. They say the Fit is "Slow to accelerate-Automatic transmission is underpowered and drones" yet rate performance as and 8.1? Then in a Yaris review they say this about the Versa " The Nissan Versa ($11,900) is much less expensive than the Yaris, but it has no safety features."
    I guess I won't buy or ride in a Versa cause it sounds like they don't seatbelts or airbags.
    Not worth getting too upset over. With all these crappy reviews hopefully resale value will keep dropping then I'll pick one up a decent used one around here for under 4k.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh well, ppl who base their decision on a review and not personally trying one and really deciding what they need won't get the best bang for their buck.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    I like the sentiment and the saying, but disagree that cars like the Fit feel cheap. It isn't cheap and, compared to the Mirage, it doesn't feel cheap. But, there is an 8K difference between the 10.5K I paid for my 2015 Mirage ES (after negotiation) and the 18.5K a friend paid for his Fit EX (negotiation doesn't get you very far at a Honda dealer). To me, the Mirage does feel cheap and the Fit doesn't. The 8K does make a difference.

The point a lot of reviewers try to make is that for not much more, one can get a compact car with similar or even better MPG numbers, so what's the point in the buying the subcompact? For me, the point is that I like driving a very small car. And try getting a compact hatch such as a Chevy Cruz or Mazda 3 for 'just a bit more'. Not happening. Not even with a 2 year old used compact hatch. The lone exception that comes to mind is Toyota / Scion IQ. And if my Mirage were gone, I'd probably at least test drive one.
    I guess we have a conflict of opinion. There are multiple tiers in quality interiors. I only have two tiers. Cheap, and not cheap. Not cheap would be a good level German car, or even some American cars (brother just bought a new Dodge Durango) have pretty good interiors. All cars under the $25k feel cheap to me. My Corolla S interior is better in terms of quality than the Mirage, but not by much, not work nearly $8-10k more.

I get what you mean about wanting a hatch. Hatches have better interior layouts for my preferences.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    All cars under the $25k feel cheap to me. My Corolla S interior is better in terms of quality than the Mirage, but not by much, not work nearly $8-10k more.

I get what you mean about wanting a hatch. Hatches have better interior layouts for my preferences.
    I agree with this. My Toyota Yaris which I bought 10 years ago for more than $14,000 not only felt cheap but was cheap. It was the most basic car that I ever owned except for my Metro. No technology whatsoever was in it. The seat material was perhaps better than that in the Mirage, but the seats were more uncomfortable (to me and my back). Basically, it was hard plastic all around so I don't know why the reviewer focused on the hard plastic in the Mirage.

I agree that you have to go to $25 k and beyond to get better materials and lose the "cheap" feeling. That is twice the price of a Mirage. For me, what's important is functionality. Does the car do what it purports to do and can it reliably get me from point A to point B. Having had my share of basic cars, having some technology is important to me too. And the Mirage fills the bill nicely. Other than that, I am not willing to pay for a luxury interior.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    They also say that it is "predicted" to be unreliable. Predicted?
    Yeah, that part bothers me the most.

Is the Mitsubishi Mirage Reliable?

Though the 2018 Mirage does not yet have a predicted reliability rating, the nearly identical 2017 model earned an abysmal predicted reliability score of two out of five, which is the lowest score a vehicle can receive.
    Predicted based on what???

From what I've seen, the car appears to be more reliable than its competition.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    The lone exception that comes to mind is Toyota / Scion IQ. And if my Mirage were gone, I'd probably at least test drive one.
    Having driven a Scion iQ for ~128,000 miles, I replaced it (had no choice, it was totaled) with a Mirage, mainly because the mirage has better fuel economy, and better value new than a used iQ.

I do miss the u-turns in the city streets, though...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    Having driven a Scion iQ for ~128,000 miles, I replaced it (had no choice, it was totaled) with a Mirage, mainly because the mirage has better fuel economy, and better value new than a used iQ.

I do miss the u-turns in the city streets, though...
    Some sites list the Mirage third in turning radius (just behind the iQ and Smart Fortwo). Adding a y-turn to your driving resume may be worth the extra room in back. In some cases, you may still be able to pull off a u-turn at times.

Hope you like your new Mirage!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (09-05-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    and they make a big deal out of the fact that the dash and arm rests are constructed of hard plastic.
    Ah, those infamous "hard plastics".

Here in the Philippines it rains, and I mean it rains a lot, and hard, for 3-4 months of the year. If it's raining and I open the door, the inner side of that door will be instantly soaked.

In the Mirage, all I need to do is to keep a clean, absorbent rag inside the car and wipe that "cheap hard plastic" down in a single pass. After 5 minutes with the aircon running, it's dry. Unlike in other cars, where it might stay wet and get moldy after a few days.

So yeah, gimme those low-maintenance hard plastics every time. I don't spend too much time in my car staring at and/or stroking the door cards anyway .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2012 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 33.3 mpg (US) ... 14.1 km/L ... 7.1 L/100 km ... 40.0 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alpha_One For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-05-2018),Tuques (09-05-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha_one View Post
    ah, those infamous "hard plastics".

Here in the philippines it rains, and i mean it rains a lot, and hard, for 3-4 months of the year. If it's raining and i open the door, the inner side of that door will be instantly soaked.

In the mirage, all i need to do is to keep a clean, absorbent rag inside the car and wipe that "cheap hard plastic" down in a single pass. After 5 minutes with the aircon running, it's dry. Unlike in other cars, where it might stay wet and get moldy after a few days.

So yeah, gimme those low-maintenance hard plastics every time. I don't spend too much time in my car staring at and/or stroking the door cards anyway :d.
    lol!!!

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    I had my G4 for over a year now. Bought it in May 2017 and it's exactly the car i was looking for.
    It's low-maintenance, besides doing oil and filter changes, there wasn't anything else i had to do.

Went on vacation to poland driving from switzerland for the second time, pushing it to the max on the german Autobahn and arrived at my destination with zero problems. It has never let me down, well it's a fairly new car but still i've seen more Golfs and Hondas **** the bed and being towed to the mitsubishi dealership i work at. Our costumers are satisfied with their Mirages and G4's. Some even got over 90k miles already and still run strong, as they commute to work with them everyday.

All these fancy-shmancy "reviewers" that as stated before only drive the car for an hour and then talk out of their ass afterwards have become rather a plague.
    They simply don't take the time to actually spend with the car but instead compare it to a more expensive equivalent that plays in a different league, while missing the point and price tag completely. The reviews feel copy-pasted, worder differently and there is little to no room to add to it, almost like a established narrative.

I like my G4, it was the right car at the right time. It's a good car for it's price. Has a big trunk, although i miss the folding seats from the hatchback but that the only gripe i have about it.
    It's easy to maintain, has adequate ride comfort, engine has enough power to get going (coupled to a five speed manual) and it has everything i need (A/C, heated seats, Radio CD/USB/AUX, power windows, lots of airbags, great legroom in the back and more)

The G4 was a godsend for me, since no other manufacturer offered such a small compact sedan but just hatchbacks and i wanted one with a naturally aspirated engine, as the turbo'ed and downsized VAG products tend to be unreliable and we're not an option to buy at all.

Simply put i love it. Easy to work on, few parts that break and even if the do, they can easily be replaced (lightbulbs). I don't get why it's so despised and *****ed about on about "reviewers". I simply don't...

The worst car i've driven in my career was a Nissan Pixo. That car was beyond awful and was in the same price class over here as a regular Mirage. I would take a Mirage over that pile of dung any day. Frankly Nissan doesn't sell them here anymore. These reviewers should drive a Pixo for a month and then a mirage for a day. I bet you they wouldn't flinch by chosing the mirage over the pixo...

Tlr I'm happy with my G4 and have zero buyer's remorse

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zippi12275 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (09-06-2018),MetroMPG (09-07-2018)