Thread: How's it been?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

How's it been?

Howdy!

It's been quite a while since I've posted. I used to have some time everyday to log in and read up, but promotions and life happened.

Either way, my silver mirage is still with me. I don't want to jinx it, but IIRC 60k miles and going strong.
    Only new things are:
    1. my under-engine air dam has fallen off because some dude that did my oil change didn't put the clips on right.
    2. got a set of 185/65 tires on some bottle cap 90's BMW wheels. They are definitely too tall but my brother got rid of his car and I swiped these from him for 100$ iirc. It does fill in the gap on the wheel wells and does not rub - surprisingly. Maybe I'll post a pic here later.

Other than those, nothing new. I think the plastics on the intakes are drying up as theres way more clatter under the hood. I may DIY myself an air intake just to cut down on the noise.

Oh - one tiny detail I almost missed out: I got married last Dec 30 and the wife has been driving the mirage since about May of this year. I got a hand-me-down boat in the form of a 2004 Toyo Solara. V6 and fully loaded isn't bad - minus the 260k miles it has. I will also more than likely never purchase a vehicle without push button start. The keep-it-in-your-pocket keyfob is IMO one of the best inventions since sliced bread.

I still make sure to drive the mirage at least once or twice a week. There's just so much auto tranny one can take.

Hope everyone is doing well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ares For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (10-07-2017)