Thread: 12 Month Review of Dolores and Dott

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

12 Month Review of Dolores and Dott

Dolores is soon to be one year old and in a few day's. Dott is almost 11 months old thought it would be a good time to provide 12 month reviews.

Dolores Manual ES- Trouble Free. Lifetime MPG 48. around 11,500 miles. 2 Oil changes, 2 tire rotations, new front wipers. Brake pads 80%, Tires 70%.

Dott CVT ES- Trouble Free. Lifetime MPG 39 Mileage 3,000 miles. 1 Oil change, 1 Tire rotation. Both brakes and tires 90%+ remain.

Positive’s both Mirage’s- Drive well, still tight, never disappoints. Exceeds our expectations.

Dislikes-

1. Soft body paint easily scratches never experienced paint so delicate I grew up around car repair and body shops. Dott is flawless, Dolores required a few minor touch ups. Even the crappy 80‘s Hyundai’s and Yugo’s had better paint (personal opinion)

Annoying-

1. Hubcaps and valve stems- Stems short for factory hubcaps and hubcaps a hassle to remove without scratching or damaging the hubcap.

2. Factory Oil filters- Too tight when a mechanic of 20+ years ASE certified broke a tool and claims it may be the tightest filter he ever experienced (Dolores). The same for Dott.

Dealership-

Dott and Dolores were purchased at 2 different dealerships although prices were great dealer antics sucked I would never return except for recalls.

I/we would purchase another mirage. If Mitsu wants to improve sales and wants loyalty from current customers the dealerships really have to improve. One of the dealers likes keeping cars on the lot and does nothing to move them the other dealer actually moves metal but everything they do for you is like they are doing it for free they forget you are the customer and without customers they would not exist.

Neither car we see a dealer unless it's a big warranty issue or recall.

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

Daox (09-28-2017),Fummins (09-28-2017),MetroMPG (09-28-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice. Wow u really don't drive Dott. I thought my mileage was low. 3200 right now in 6mo.

With a good filter wrench that has a socket insert the filter was a piece of cake. It was tight but I got them off with no issue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow, twins. Not identical, but twins all the same. +1 for the less than stellar paint and unsatisfactory purchase experience, though I will say, the service department at the same dealership has been fine for the oil changes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Great color choice!

Good review points. Thanks for the update.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Weird. I do all my work even oil change and brakes at the dealer. The dealer here charged 53 for an oil change. Same oil at other local shop is 65-95(jiffy crap). Also did my brakes at a local shop and had to do them at the dealer again since on my AWC lancer has a different pad than the stock lancer! Everything work at the dealer I got consistent use out of, with 1-3k miles for the brakes/etc and price was just a 15-20% more on average.

mitsu's in the family

2024 Mirage SE

2021 Mirage ES CVT (Sold)
    2021 Outlander Sport 2.0 ES CVT (trade in)
    2018 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT (ex wife's car, crashed)
    2017 Mirage G4 1.2 ES CVT Smartphone Link Display Audio (SDA) System(Crashed)
    2015 Lancer SE 2.4 AWC (sold)
    2014 Mirage DE 1.2 Manual and BT (sold)
    2004 Galant DE (mom's sold)
    2000 Mirage DE 1.8 Auto (sold)
    1988 Cordia L Turbo (trade in)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)