Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two dumb questions

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Two dumb questions

But they aren't covered or aren't covered very well in my manual.

1. How to interpret the grid in the backup camera view? What does the red area represent? That something is too close? Or does the red area represent my car? I wish there were a better explanation in the manual about the backup camera.

2. This may not be a feature of the Mirage and that's ok. But, for example, my Fiat automatically locks all doors when my speed reaches 10 mph. Can the Mirage locks be programmed to do that?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Red is the danger zone! A couple inches or so.

Not sure if it has that feature but I can tell you my truck has it and I defeated it right away because I hated it.
    Think of all that unnecessary use of the door lock actuators. Premature ware imo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

bolo (10-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    But they aren't covered or aren't covered very well in my manual.

1. How to interpret the grid in the backup camera view? What does the red area represent? That something is too close? Or does the red area represent my car? I wish there were a better explanation in the manual about the backup camera.

2. This may not be a feature of the Mirage and that's ok. But, for example, my Fiat automatically locks all doors when my speed reaches 10 mph. Can the Mirage locks be programmed to do that?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.
    \

I have the 2015 and the electronic door locks DO NOT lock on their own. Its a bit disturbing and if I forget to lock them myself I would be at the mercy of a car jacker

Not sure why Mitsubishi decided to design it that way.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

bolo (10-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    \

I have the 2015 and the electronic door locks DO NOT lock on their own. Its a bit disturbing and if I forget to lock them myself I would be at the mercy of a car jacker

Not sure why Mitsubishi decided to design it that way.
    I didn't think so but I had to ask. I know that it's just being lazy on my part because all one has to do is to push one button on the armrest to lock all doors, but I kinda like it when the car looks out for me. It's not a biggie for me.

Anybody have any idea what the scale is on that grid on the camera display? I just don't understand what it means, and it must mean something or else it wouldn't be there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man I'm glad I live in an area where I've never once thought about someone trying to car jack me. Sheesh. Probably wouldn't end well. For the car jacker. Yikes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (10-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    IIRC, I added automated locking to my list of suggestions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any updates on the issue where door locks do not lock themselves after car is driving >10mph?

I was driving yesterday with the windows rolled down and when I arrived at a red light I decided to reach my arm outside thru the open window and sure enough: I was able to open the door FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!

It means at any moment that a criminal can open your door and attack you. Here in Miami we have hoodlums and gangsters (criminals) walking all around and at the red light they will reach in and snatch your phone out of your hand if you are talking on it or grab a womans purse and run away.

So it is dangerous that Mitsubishi would fail to provide the safety feature of locks that automatically lock. Because anyone can open your car door and yank you out just like the video game Grand Theft Auto

Thats why I drive with a Cold Steel dart (see link below) superglued with 1 drop of glue to the side of the [front cupholders] so I can stab the assailant in the throat if he reaches into my car or tries to open my door.

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Dart-Co...dp/B00KN77DSC/

I have guns too but this weapon is more appropriate for close-quarters attacks like the one I described. I also keep one in the shower in case a Burglar attacks, we are very vulnerable in the shower and may not hear them breaking in.
    Last edited by fc321; 06-02-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    You sure the manual doesn't explain it?

The 2017 G4 I test drove had a section in the manual that explained the lines in detail. The different coloured horizontal ones were set for specific distances from the back bumper, as measured on flat ground.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Did you guys see this thread: Speed sensitive power locks

Looks like another "feature" buried in the software...if we can figure out how to enable it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

fc321 (06-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    Any updates on the issue where door locks do not lock themselves after car is driving >10mph?

I was driving yesterday with the windows rolled down and when I arrived at a red light I decided to reach my arm outside thru the open window and sure enough: I was able to open the door FROM THE OUTSIDE!!!

It means at any moment that a criminal can open your door and attack you. Here in Miami we have hoodlums and gangsters (criminals) walking all around and at the red light they will reach in and snatch your phone out of your hand if you are talking on it or grab a womans purse and run away.

So it is dangerous that Mitsubishi would fail to provide the safety feature of locks that automatically lock. Because anyone can open your car door and yank you out just like the video game Grand Theft Auto

Thats why I drive with a Cold Steel dart (see link below) superglued with 1 drop of glue to the side of the [front cupholders] so I can stab the assailant in the throat if he reaches into my car or tries to open my door.

https://www.amazon.com/Delta-Dart-Co...dp/B00KN77DSC/

I have guns too but this weapon is more appropriate for close-quarters attacks like the one I described. I also keep one in the shower in case a Burglar attacks, we are very vulnerable in the shower and may not hear them breaking in.
    If I were you I'd consider moving somewhere else. Sadly if someone broke into my house or tried to carjack me and I stabbed or killed them I'd be in jail pretty quick.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-04-2018 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Removed my big meany poopy head words.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)