So I bought my mirage last year in august and when I initially got her, she worked just as she was supposed to. I drove it straight across the country and had no problems. The fuel usage was even better than expected.

In the fall of last year, I started getting what a lot of mirage owners are used to in the winter, greater fuel usage upon start up. I thought it was just due to the cold weather setting in and let it continue on. However this behaviour, that didn't exist last summer, never stopped even through this summer. And I have no explanation for this.

All the maintenance I can think of is up to date. Engine oil, transmission oil, air filters, break roters and shoes have all been updated. I took it to Mitsubishi thinking that it had to be an issue with the cold start sensor, and they said that their diagnostic system said the vehicle was preforming just as it should. This makes no sense however as it literally didn't do this last year, and I'm quite certain the vast majority of users here don't have this problem.

The tires are different and do have an impact on milage, but that difference is 0.4-0.5 L/100 km on the highway. I know this, because when I reset the read on a highway drive, I can see what my milage on the highway is, and while it used to be 4.4-4.6, it is now in the 4.8-5.2 range. This I can accept. Whats really killing my efficiency is these winter starts that Mitsubishi themselves aren't acknowledging, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it. They exist, however. The car was indeed preforming differently last year.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there anybody else I can go to?

Let me know!