Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Mirage stolen & recovered

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,556 Times in 964 Posts

"I never should have bought this car..."

That's something else the owner of this Mirage told me.

I was shocked when she said it.... until she explained why: The nearest dealership is 100 km (~60 mi.) away in Ottawa, so getting Mitsu-specific service is a pain in the butt. (She bought the car before she knew she would be moving from Ottawa to here.)

Which makes me respect the forum members who liked the Mirage so much, they went the distance to get one because they had no local dealers.

Maybe I should start a thread about "long-distance owners" and whether they have any regrets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove 300mi for our 2 mirages but I do have a mitsu dealer in town, they just never stock mirages

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

That's something else the owner of this Mirage told me.

I was shocked when she said it.... until she explained why: The nearest dealership is 100 km (~60 mi.) away in Ottawa, so getting Mitsu-specific service is a pain in the butt. (She bought the car before she knew she would be moving here from Ottawa.)

Which makes me respect the forum members who liked the Mirage so much, they went the distance to get one because they had no local dealers.

Maybe I should start a thread about "long-distance owners" and whether they have any regrets.
    She could just go to a local shop and keep her receipts for regular maintenance work. I see no need to get any work done at the dealership unless it's something that is going to be covered under warranty. And the chances of that are slim.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I drove over 100 miles to get my 5 speed Mirage SE. There are Mitsubishi dealers closer to me but they didn't have any manuals in stock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)