Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Mirage stolen & recovered!

RIP little Kermit & missed opportunity

I found out today that this little gem is no more!

I saw the owner driving a copper coloured Mirage and asked what happened... Turns out her green one was sideswiped a couple of months ago. Damage: front quarter, busted headlight and torn off bumper cover.

ANNNNND... the insurance totalled the car.

ANNNNNnnnd... the owner forgot to tell me. (We'd had a conversation that I was super interested in buying her car when she was done with it.)

Get this: the new one is only the mid-trim CVT and it cost her nearly $23k CAD out the door! I mean, it's great she liked it enough to buy another one, but holy cow, that's highway robbery.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (04-16-2020),poorman1 (04-16-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Get this: the new one is only the mid-trim CVT and it cost her nearly $23k CAD out the door!
    Attachment 17745
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Get this: the new one is only the mid-trim CVT and it cost her nearly $23k CAD out the door! I mean, it's great she liked it enough to buy another one, but holy cow, that's highway robbery.
    Sounds like she financed the old note into the new one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Sounds like she financed the old note into the new one.
    Possible, but even if she had a 7 year loan, she had already paid 6 years worth. The insurance payout would have left her close to even.

This to me sounds like a case of a dealership with a pliant customer over a barrel: Fabric protection, undercoating, VIN etching, wheel locks, extended warranty!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-17-2020)

Admin note:

I split the discussion about just how expensive a new Mirage can be to this thread:

Thread: How you could pay over $40,000 for a new Mirage