Thread: Replacement stock-type acorn lug nuts for alloy wheels...Dorman 611-141.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts

Replacement stock-type acorn lug nuts for alloy wheels...Dorman 611-141.

Shortly after I bought my Mirage in late 2014, I noticed that four of the lug nuts on one wheel had corroded and discolored. Mitsubishi replaced them under warranty, but over the last three years the rest of the lug nuts have done the same thing. The ones Mitsubishi replaced discolored as well. It looks REALLY bad, and makes the car look older and more 'used' than it is. So I decided to change them all.

Of course, no parts sites list the 'proper' lug nuts for the late model Mirages. If you can find one that lists the Mirage at all the lug nuts are the open-type for the steel wheels. I figured new ones sourced from Mitsubishi would have the same problem, so I wanted to try something aftermarket. Ones that simply work are easy enough to find but since they are exposed I wanted them to look right. I tried buying some at the auto parts stores and they all seemed to be too big or way too long. The type needed is the M12 x 1.5.

After some experimentation, measurements with a micrometer, and some research, I found that the Dorman 611-141 is a perfect replacement for the lug nuts that came on cars with the alloy wheels. The dimensions are identical, and they look great! Hopefully, they won't look like crap after three years!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (10-31-2017),Daox (11-01-2017),inuvik (10-31-2017),Mitz (11-01-2017),Top_Fuel (11-01-2017)