Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cruise control in Australia? (on 2013 Mirage)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Cruise control in Australia? (on 2013 Mirage)

Hi guys, I’ve just bought a 2013 Mirage LS. There’s no cruise control, or none that I can see, definitely not on the steering wheel.
    Is this normal? Someone told me that the Australian models don’t come with cruise control, even the LS. Is this true?

Welcome to the forum, Barzette.

I'm not 100% certain, but it does seem that way. See this comment from another Aussie member:

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah JT View Post
    I'm jealous of the cruise control. Wish aus spec got that
    From this thread. And... even in that thread the comment is made that it's not the first time someone has made the comment about no cruise in AU.

If you're willing, you can add it yourself. Either an aftermarket unit, or using factory parts (programming of the ECU is required to activate it after adding the switches though).

See:
    Thread: I was able to Enable OEM Cruise control of my 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed Manual.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

PS: you could confirm my looking through the 2013 Mirage brochure from Australia here, and see if it's listed:

Thread: Brochures for 2013-2015 Mirage / Space Star / G4 / Attrage

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Barzette (11-02-2017)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    MetroMPG, thanks for your reply.
    Bugger! Long story, but I bought this car in an emergency, paid for it sight unseen, and I suppose I was just willing to accept any unknowns.
    But, being the better model (than ES) and being born in 2013, I kind of assumed it would have CC. Also assumed, or rather hoped, it would have a few other things, like electric seat adjustment, middle console....
    Never mind, not the end of the world.

I’ll have a look at your two links. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Barzette View Post
    Bugger! Long story, but I bought this car in an emergency, paid for it sight unseen, and I suppose I was just willing to accept any unknowns.
    Uh oh... what happened to your previous car?

Never mind, not the end of the world.
    Best not to approach the Mirage with excessively high expectations. It's a competent, reliable fuel-saver / runabout. Hopefully you'll grow to appreciate it as so many here do.

I’ll have a look at your two links. Thanks again
    No problem. FYI, I opened the brochure, did a text search for "cruise"... and came up with nothing.

Odd! Does Mitsubishi think that owners don't do road trips down under??

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I can confirm mirage ls has cruise from 2015 onwards. I have exactly that.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Barzette (11-03-2017),MetroMPG (11-03-2017)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Uh oh... what happened to your previous car?

... Odd! Does Mitsubishi think that owners don't do road trips down under??
    I live over 400kms from Perth, was traveling down there for surgery and the required 2 week stay in Perth post op. Had my German Shepherd, his crate, toys, food, plus all MY luggage for 2 weeks, jam packed into my 1997 Holden Commodore station wagon. 85kms into my 400km trip, it blew a head gasket. Had to get towed home at 11pm.
    Got a lift to Perth the next day with all that luggage etc jammed into a Holden Commodore SEDAN!
    Had no car for 2 weeks of course, got sick of trawling the internet and not being able to view or test drive any cars (Perth is really spread out), so 2 days before I left, I just decided to look for a decent run-around, not very old, so that it would be more reliable.
    Chose this one cos it was Mauve/pink and it was the LS.
    Went to pick it up, money didn’t go i to their bank till 5:30pm when they were closing, two of them tried to help me pair with the Bluetooth (which is faulty), and then they had to go home, so off I went.
    Next morning, somehow managed to fit allllll that luggage and dog into my new little pink pocket-rocket with the seats down.
    Phew!!

And yeah lack of CC in Aus is baffling! There are massive gaps between towns anywhere you go in the country, and even in the cities you are driving long distances on the inner-city highways.

Barzette: like you needed the added stress of a broken down car at that time!! (Seems like your Commodore committed Hari Kari in solidarity with the closing of the last Holden production line a few weeks ago.)

Hope everything else went swimmingly.

Jin: thanks for that info. Confirmed for MY 2018 as well: I just downloaded the Australian Mirage brochure, and it shows cruise is still on the LS.

The good news: since the parts are available, it shouldn't be too hard to source a wheel/switches from a wrecked Mirage (or new, from the dealer) to retrofit into a car that doesn't have it, should you want to take that route. (ECU reprogramming required... see the previous link.)

Quote Originally Posted by Barzette View Post
    Chose this one cos it was Mauve/pink and it was the LS. ... Next morning, somehow managed to fit allllll that luggage and dog into my new little pink pocket-rocket with the seats down.
    Almost forgot: you're the 2nd Aussie dog-loving member who specifically sought out a pink/mulberry Mirage. Unfortunately, I don't think she's active on the site any more (also, other side of the country!):

pinky

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Hope everything else went swimmingly.

The good news: since the parts are available, it shouldn't be too hard to source a wheel/switches from a wrecked Mirage (or new, from the dealer) to retrofit into a car that doesn't have it, should you want to take that route. (ECU reprogramming required... see the previous link.)
    Thanks, no everything else didn’t exactly go swimmingly, but that’s for another day on another forum! Hahaha

I haven’t read that link yet, but was just now reading a different one. The guy was saying that the only way he found was possible to put CC on his 2017 model was the Rostra stick version (like the wiper controls) and fitting it onto the steering column instead of being able to fit the Mitsubishi controls that go on the steering wheels.
    But it might be different for the 2013 model? I don’t really know about these things.
    Either way, I would have to get the local Mitsubishi dealership to fit it. Do you think it would be cheaper to supply them with a wrecked steering wheel, or just take the car to them as is and get them to install CC on my current wheel?