Thread: Wow! A NOT TERRIBLE review of the Mirage by somebody who understands it!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

Wow! A NOT TERRIBLE review of the Mirage by somebody who understands it!

This has probably appeared elsewhere in syndication but I am impressed with the even-handedness of this review.

http://www.eagletribune.com/business...acf959d43.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

bolo (11-04-2017),daleWV (11-03-2017),Daox (11-06-2017),Fummins (11-02-2017),Ranny (11-02-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    That's a nice review - thanks for posting it.

I like the opening...

Quote Originally Posted by Motor Mouth By Jeffrey Zygmont | Mitsubishi Mirage is worth a million | Oct 28, 2017
    The Mitsubishi Mirage doesn’t excite you with the gaudy showmanship of a slinky sports car. It doesn’t impress you with the stately distinction of a high-luster luxury model. The unassuming little Mirage can do even better.

The economical hatchback brings the satisfaction and personal independence of car ownership to people who can’t get them otherwise. That’s a noble role for a small automobile.
    Here's to our shared nobility!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They spent too much time on who the car is supposedly for and not enough on the actual car. And not everyone who buys a mirage is in the boat they describe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    They spent too much time on who the car is supposedly for and not enough on the actual car.
    Yes, but there are so many articles that cover the actual car - mostly negative. And I have to admit, the Mirage doesn't exactly inspire excitement for most folks. In addition, I would expect anyone whose interest is sparked by the article would visit the manufacturer's website for those details, followed by a visit to a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    And not everyone who buys a mirage is in the boat they describe.
    I agree! I was thinking the same thing as I read the article, that I don't fit their description of the 'target market' for the Mirage.

The article was short & sweet on the Mirage. The Mirage gets some positive press and the website operator gets some ad revenue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, very true. The Mirage could become much more popular if gas keeps creeping up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mirage inspires a great deal of excitement in me. I've never had a car that was so technically advanced before with push button starting and locks and an infotainment system with Android Auto and Carplay and a DVD player. It also has an automatic AC system which I'm not too keen on but it's there and advanced. You just don't get those kinds of features in other cars in the Mirage's price range. It's a really cool car plus it has 3 cylinders which I wanted since my Geo Metro died. So, yeah, it's exciting to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 45.4 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bolo For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-09-2017),inuvik (11-07-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bolo View Post
    The Mirage inspires a great deal of excitement in me. I've never had a car that was so technically advanced before with push button starting and locks and an infotainment system with Android Auto and Carplay and a DVD player. It also has an automatic AC system which I'm not too keen on but it's there and advanced. You just don't get those kinds of features in other cars in the Mirage's price range. It's a really cool car plus it has 3 cylinders which I wanted since my Geo Metro died. So, yeah, it's exciting to me.
    You can easily turn the auto ac part off. I did immediately.