Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th Gen Mirage: Tuner/Power Programmer/ECU/Piggyback. Where are we now?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I believe all IAC is now done via the throttle valve since everyone is now running drive by wire throttle bodies. There is no reason for a dedicated IAC system since a motor now controls the throttle valve.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

gone.a (08-29-2019),MightyMirageMpg (11-15-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heres a few pics of the throttle body (1450A193)

Name:  throttle body1.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  throttle body2.jpg
Views: 1389
Size:  50.6 KB

Name:  throttle body3.jpg
Views: 1388
Size:  59.0 KB

Not sure if that helps us at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Daox is right about the iac.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I believe all IAC is now done via the throttle valve since everyone is now running drive by wire throttle bodies. There is no reason for a dedicated IAC system since a motor now controls the throttle valve.
    So in reference to this question...

9. Does this engine have a fast idle valve (IAC)? If so, how many wires are connected to it? Do you know if it is an on/off, pulse width modulated, thermal, or stepper type?

...can we simply answer no, and move on?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool and that makes sense for sure.

Ms3 is capable of drive by wire in compete standalone form. It could also *potentially* control a cvt

Good info. Shows ya I'm stuck in the 90s

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is the reply from DIYAutoTune:
    "The crank trigger is one I've never seen before. Fully supporting this mode would require a custom wheel decoder - in some cases the code team charges $500 if they aren't sure the demand is there, other times this is not charged for if it looks like it will have enough demand. In all cases, a custom decoder would require you to test it extensively on your engine to make sure everything works. The cam trigger looks like it MIGHT match a pattern used on some Daihatsus. If it is an exact match, it would be possible to run the engine on the cam wheel alone for preliminary testing. Otherwise, it might be necessary to temporarily install a 36-1 crank trigger and one tooth cam trigger for initial testing. Is that something you'd be willing to do?"

If its simply a matter of replacing my crank/cam sensors for a time, no probs. For $500 just to test...uh, no.

If you want to show DYIAutoTune your interest in a tune for the 3A92 platform, email Matt: websales@diyautotune.com. Perhaps they will show us some monetary mercy and allow the testing to go on, free of charge.
    Last edited by Qrush; 11-15-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe your conversation may have got skewed. The crank pickup is a very standard type, with what by all means appears to use a 36-1 wheel already

What he means with the cam is to grind the indicators leaving you 1 indication. No big deal but if you mess it up your buying a new cam. This also precludes you from swapping between ECU's while your dialing stuff in, so i would hold off and let it run full retarded phase until you had a handle on things, or look into the daihatsu thing. I mean you could even just have a repeater with a window switch.. Its really nothing new (albiet backdated to 90s Honda)

I would suggest joining the megasquirt forum and reading everything start to finish and also posting there

There's no (zero zilch) impassable roadblocks its just all very confusing because there's a lot to take in and nobody has a big enough mind to understand it all the first 6 trys. I seriously spent hours trying to understand the H bridge concept of stepper iac's

Realistically you should be able to take full control over the mirage for the cost of some wire, vacuum tubing and a megasquirt 3 and i think the majority of the members (megasquirt or general car based) forum would also streer you in that direction.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is the follow up post from Matt at DIYAutoTune:
    "You'd need to do something like this - bolted to the balancer."

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...crank-trigger/

Open up the engine all the way down to the crank? No thanks. Not sure why the current crank wheel isnt applicable. If the cam wheel matches the daihatsu, i would be willing to give it a go. Why does it seem our engine is somehow unique, or not similar to other engines with similar displacement? This should not be this friggin hard, gettin frustrated...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    On the other hand, I’d love LESS power if it increased economy. 74 (78 in the ‘17 & ‘18) hp is plenty

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-16-2017),MightyMirageMpg (11-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I would be interested in an economy tune, but only after my warranty has expired.

I can't afford to absorb or even justify such expense to this car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)