Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats worse than the Mirage?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I remember after I bought my 2014 Mirage that there were yahoo surveys where the Mirage won "Top 10 worst cars of all Time" and "Top 10 ugliest cars in Production" - lots of haterz.

Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    Got to thinking recently, I am totally happy with my Mirage 5sp, and well aware of its reputation among automotive types, so what cars are worse than our little humbler?

By worse I mean within their design niche and for ''what they are''. Subjective - I know.

I think I would nominate the entire Smart Car line, some of the Fiats, most Jeeps and Chryslers, Mitsu I-Miev, most Dodge and GMC offerings, any car that is horribly overpriced within its niche (Volkswagen EOS), what else?
    Well, since I chose the Mirage out of all the other options out there, I would say that - for me - everything else is worse than the Mirage.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cookiemonster For This Useful Post:

Eggman (12-05-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    What's worse than the Mirage? Those who don't understand what it is designed for and then hate it for not meeting their expectations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    By worse I mean within their design niche and for ''what they are''.
    I'm gonna say the F150 ecoboost doesn't live up to the "Eco" name. Everyone I know that owns one one gets the same or worse fuel mileage than the 5.0L or comparable V8. They have power but are pigs on fuel.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm gonna say the F150 ecoboost doesn't live up to the "Eco" name. Everyone I know that owns one one gets the same or worse fuel mileage than the 5.0L or comparable V8. They have power but are pigs on fuel.
    Didn't know that
    They tow more than the v8s tho.

Yeah they have a bit more power too.
    I still wouldn't tow anywhere near what they say you can with a 1/2 ton. I've had 4500lbs in the box of my 3/4ton but I wouldn't recommend it.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You can't beat the Mirage for the money. It appears they have tough drivetrains and hold up well. I want reliability over flash.[/QUOTE]

Well said. I tend to follow the same philosophy. I recently bought a Speed Queen washer and dryer. They aren't flashy, do an excellent job at what they are designed for, and tend to last 25 + years. Kinda like the Geo Metros I've owned too. Lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Car Nut For This Useful Post:

Fummins (12-06-2017)