Thread: Rust-free 1994 Geo Metro

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

Rust-free 1994 Geo Metro

Sounds like an interesting car for you Metro guys...

1994 Geo Metro on Craigslist in Columbus, Ohio

Is this someone here? Note the other car in the photo...

Name:  metro.jpg
Views: 2377
Size:  92.5 KB

For sale is a 94 geo metro, from the heart of Texas.
    Loved this car, and can only hope to find someone else who will love it as much as I did. These are becoming more and more rare as rust and general wear and tear claim many. As we move towards electric cars (currently daily a Leaf), there's really not a lot of need for these simple econoboxes. Short of the eclectic group of collectors who know and love em, they're often laughed at and ignored.

Getting rid of this beautiful example of the average mans cars because a recent restoration project has taken precedence. Poured my heart into this car, to make sure it was mechanically up to snuff when daily driving. The asking price is firm, wont reply to anything less. Don't want this car going to someone who's going to just abuse it. Gone are the early 2000's when these were everywhere in great condition for under $500. This one is rust free, and can only hope it stays that way.

It has seen 1 full winter in Ohio, but it had a good two cans of fluid film to protect it. Doesn't really seem any worse for wear on the underside.

Various updates:
    96 metro hubs - so it has 12mm studs and can accept modern rims and tires, and bigger front brakes
    14" rims with new Continental all seasons
    13" rims with like new mid range all seasons - $100 extra for them
    New brakes as of 2016 - could be replaced as it sat for a few months and the rotors didn't deal with it too well
    New front tie-rods and control arms
    New front axles/cv joints
    Ac belt is removed (pump and system updated to R-134) - Hard to drive a 50 hp car in the city with AC lol
    Some wiring to enable a "push button start" - tastefully done but since removed. The switches are still left in
    6.5" Kenwood speakers and head unit - gotta have some tunes
    Fluids and plugs as of 2016 (trans, radiator, brake)
    New starter as of 2016 - still has some weird catch issue but have some ideas to fix it.
    New battery as of 2016
    New timing belt as of 2016
    New ignition as of 2016 with original geo key - no door key. But I do have the old ignition and can get keys made for some extra $$
    Plastidip along the rockerpanels to help prevent damage from rocks.

Car has been reliable to a T.. only time its ever gave someone issues is when the timing belt broke on the freeway on a friend. With 130k miles its not really unexpected. Since its not an interference motor everything was totally cool. Slapped a new one on in 10 minutes on the side of the road. Been driving around fine ever since.

Really don't want to part with this car. Worse seeing it sit and collect dust though. Should be going to another eclectic owner. If you made it this far. Thanks for taking the time to read this all!

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 11-10-2017 at 06:57 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-10-2017),Eggman (11-10-2017),Fummins (11-10-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MightyMirageMpg For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-10-2017),Fummins (11-10-2017),Top_Fuel (11-10-2017)

This one isn't as nice or awesome but it's cheap! Maybe they'll throw in the mattress in the background? https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    These are both equally as awesome lol
    OK...I wasn't expecting either one of those! I have to admit the LS swap looks pretty interesting...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Is this someone here? Note the other car in the photo...
    I reached out with an email reply, and am interested to see if the seller stops by to pay us a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    OK...I wasn't expecting either one of those!
    And the heat works in the Sammi!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)