Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone added Factory or Aftermarket Heated front Seats to a Mirage not Equipped?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    This is the kit I've used in the past. But, this year I got this kit for my wife.... I still haven't installed it yet! Gonna have to get my butt in gear!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daox For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-29-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Basically those. Here is the one I have. It doesn't look great, but since I have seat covers I just slipped it under there and it works fine. I was considering trying the Tech Era kit that Doax linked to, but I'm not confident fiddling around near the airbag/sensors, or in my ability to do it without making the upholstery look like crap afterwards.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by anog View Post
    Basically those. Here is the one I have. It doesn't look great, but since I have seat covers I just slipped it under there and it works fine. I was considering trying the Tech Era kit that Doax linked to, but I'm not confident fiddling around near the airbag/sensors, or in my ability to do it without making the upholstery look like crap afterwards.
    For $13.50? How can I really go wrong? I ordered it. Thanks! Regardless of if I get a Mirage or not, all the cars in my range do not come with heated seats. So this will come in handy. Now, would it need an adapter if you wanted to run 2 seats instead of just 1?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    For $13.50? How can I really go wrong? I ordered it. Thanks! Regardless of if I get a Mirage or not, all the cars in my range do not come with heated seats. So this will come in handy. Now, would it need an adapter if you wanted to run 2 seats instead of just 1?
    No problem, I figured the same thing. I never had heated seats before, and this was probably the best $10 I've spent on this car haha. Hopefully they hold up.

Yes, if you plan to run both seats off of the cigarette lighter you'll need a splitter. Power won't be a problem, with both on the high setting you should still be under 10 amps, and the socket is fused for 15.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 42.7 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I picked myself up a set of G4 Heated seats, switch with console and partial harness from a wrecked 2017 G4 for $100. The bad thing is that the car was wrecked from the driver's side rear and bent the floor-pan pretty significantly and caused the driver's seat frame to bend badly. I will have to swap the pieces from those onto my current frame. We'll see how hard they are to wire up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    (blank signature)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (01-04-2018),Daox (01-04-2018),Eggman (01-04-2018),inuvik (01-04-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Very nice find. I'm looking forward to the write up!
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Took the damaged driver's seat apart to get to the heater pad on the back and I come to this chintzy pad.

12"x16" for well over $300 from dealer... just crazy.

Don't know why the pics rotated.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Alex1a1f; 01-05-2018 at 05:54 AM.
    (blank signature)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-05-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup, that pretty much looks like any 'ol aftermarket seat heater.

Perhaps its made of higher quality heating wire that is less susceptible to breaking over time due to flexing? Just a total guess.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You guys have some nice options shown. I really miss my heated seats. My aftermarket Obus seat cover also has a massage motor but the heat is only in the back! Idiots.

I'm going with factory heated seats from the wrecker just so I can get the 6 way seat adjustment feature.

I gather only heated seats in Canada have the 6 way movement.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djkenny View Post
    I am really unfamiliar with the differences. I was more thinking of getting the same switches, same area in the middle console that the Mirage G4 SE has. I figured factory would make it look more factory.
    I would like to put heated seats in my G4 and also wanted to use the same switches as possible that go in the center console. Did you wind up doing an install?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)