Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recall: 2014-2018 Mirage for airbag system

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Curious to know if anyone's fuel mileage or anything is affected after the reprogram.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Got any pictures of this work Fummins? I think Alex16 mentioned he had a bad bearing I wonder what it looked like.
    I had one go bad on a car at around 200000kms. I just put a used spindle on it. This time the dealer said they'd cover it. Car has 145xxx kms on it. Turns out the dealer said they're doing the recall as we speak and will road test it after. Though the car hasn't moved and the key hasn't been turned since yesterday..... Spindle takes under 10 minute to remove if you have an impact and a big hammer. Otherwise keep a swear jar nearby and lots of change. If the dealer won't fix it I'll be changing another spindle on Monday and I'll post pics in that spindle/wheel bearing thread.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    Curious to know if anyone's fuel mileage or anything is affected after the reprogram.
    If they're just reprogramming the airbag module I can't see how it'd affect fuel mileage?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (11-20-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mullet View Post
    My mileage has gone down the last 2 fill ups. I'm guessing its because of colder weather and winter blend gas. My tire pressure is fine.
    I called last week about getting the recall done. Said it only takes about 30 min and I could wait on it.

I just got notices for a second recall for the 14-15's only. Say's they need .8hrs to inspect a connector and then 4.8hrs if the connector needs replacing. Attachment 10833
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-11-2018)

Attachment 10834

Mirage videos: