Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My quest for the perfect hubcaps is over!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Smile My quest for the perfect hubcaps is over!!

Hey all!

So I just wanted to share this in case anyone is looking to replace their stock hubcaps with something a bit nicer. I've been looking online for something to replace my 2015's stockers (which are pretty awful in my opinion) for about a year now. I had a few criteria.

-They had to be modern looking
    -They had to hide the steel wheel very well
    -They had to be relatively affordable

And finally I found something that fit my criteria perfectly. Using the search terms "Alloy look wheel trim" on google, I happened across an eBay listing in the UK for these babies. There were no reviews on these, but I decided I liked the look of them so much I would take the risk...and I am not at all disappointed!!

Name:  hubcapresize3.jpg
Views: 2310
Size:  88.5 KB
    Name:  hubcapresize2.jpg
Views: 1577
Size:  95.8 KB
    Name:  hubcapresize.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  98.2 KB

This particular set came with silicone badges for a Skoda, which is a Czech car brand. I did not see any with a Mitsubishi center badges listed for sale however they may be available. They came on a sticker sheet and I decided to affix them because I think they look pretty cool. A Peugeot badge would look pretty sweet also and was my second choice. I will likely buy some Mitsu ones as soon as I find a set that aren't chrome look. The covers are constructed of pretty thick plastic and have a nice heft to them compared to the OE covers. They also fit very snugly, even better than the OE ones. I do not see them coming off without a major impact to the wheel.

Anyways...if you guys/gals like these and would like to purchase a set, I purchased mine form seller 25elvin25 on ebay.co.uk. I believe the brand is TFS..and the model of this particular style is the Cyrkon 14". There are other styles that are available that are also good looking. I've found ones similar to mine, but with a gloss finish, as well as with an inverted color scheme (Silver on the inner parts and black for the 'spokes').

Cost was about $38 for the wheel covers, and $25 for the shipping. And from this seller shipping was pretty fast...about 11 days from UK to California. A bit pricey compared to 'Autozone' hubcaps, but worth it IMO for someone looking to upgrade the look of their car without buying alloys.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Frank_A05 For This Useful Post:

Car Nut (11-20-2017),daleWV (11-15-2017),Daox (11-15-2017),Eggman (11-15-2017),gone.a (11-15-2017),MetroMPG (11-15-2017),mitsumi (11-16-2017),poorman1 (11-15-2017),twister77 (04-28-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Those are pretty cool i like them. They do a good job impersonating rims from the pics

Is your ride height factory?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMirageMpg View Post
    Those are pretty cool i like them. They do a good job impersonating rims from the pics

Is your ride height factory?
    Actually no, I am a bit higher in the rear due to the 2006 yaris springs I installed. I'll post a full rundown on these once I have a little more time with them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting that your yaris springs look taller than the VW bug lowering springs that I have on mine.

EDIT:
    those hubcaps look great too btw. The wife is from Germany so she chuckled when I mentioned the skoda.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    Interesting that your yaris springs look taller than the VW bug lowering springs that I have on mine.

EDIT:
    those hubcaps look great too btw. The wife is from Germany so she chuckled when I mentioned the skoda.
    Thanks!

LOL.... I guess Skoda was the laughing stock of the auto industry for a time. Apparently they've come a long long way since they were acquired by VW. I'd love if something like the Skoda Fabia was on offer here in the states. Reviews pin it as a pretty good car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Look great man!!!
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I agree, the covers look really nice. I just commented on your garage thread about your 'wheels' without knowing they were covers.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Look great man!!!
    Thank you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Frank_A05 For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-19-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    I agree, the covers look really nice. I just commented on your garage thread about your 'wheels' without knowing they were covers.
    lol. Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_A05 View Post
    Thanks!

LOL.... I guess Skoda was the laughing stock of the auto industry for a time. Apparently they've come a long long way since they were acquired by VW. I'd love if something like the Skoda Fabia was on offer here in the states. Reviews pin it as a pretty good car.
    They have. My mother in law drives one and is pretty solid. Kinda has a mirage feel.