Page 20 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yay!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's fantastic!!!!!!!! With Gas Going UP it will get better and Better!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.4 mpg (US) ... 16.3 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just noticed Mitsubishi's total sales in Canada dropped alot, why is that?

What number are you referring to? I don't think they've posted February sales yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

February Mirage sales: Canada

Yup, they released Canadian figures today: only 180 Mirages sold.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...es-in-february

Unlike America's best Mirage month, that was Canada's 2nd worst month (not counting the first partial month).

Why? Mitsu says it's because February numbers don't include any fleet sales - it's all retail. Also, possibly because the Nissan Micra is eating the Mirage's lunch? Nissan sold 758 of those last month, and has been dominating since day one, despite Mitsu dropping the Mirage's base price to $9998 to match the Micra's. Chevy Spark sure wasn't the problem - GM only sold 68!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Switzerland
    Thanks
    with that I am wondering why Nissan doesn't unleash the Micra in the US

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.8 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    where i live, gas prices are the among the highest in north america. in fact, although oil is still way down, gas prices have returned to only about $.20 per liter less than their all time high. unbelievable! we just can't win.

not surprisingly, i see more and more mirages on the streets of vancouver. i wonder what percentage of those mirages in the canadian sales figures were sold in vancouver. we have several mitsu dealerships in this city.

the micra is a nice looking little car and admittedly there are not too many entries for it on fuelly, but for the entries that do exist, the mileage doesn't look all that impressive. there needs to be more entries for the micra, but still... check out the mirage entries. much better on average.

metro, what sort of mileage did you get with the micra?

Quote Originally Posted by Donut View Post
    with that I am wondering why Nissan doesn't unleash the Micra in the US
    They don't need to: Nissan already dominates the small car market in the States with the Versa. It's the same platform and drivetrain as the Canadian Micra, but in a sedan format. In the US it's been the best selling small car for years and years. In 2014 139,781 Versas were sold, vs. 16,708 Mirages. But in Canada, the Versa sedan never sold well, so they replaced it with the Micra last year, and it's obviously doing better for them.

metro, what sort of mileage did you get with the micra?
    I've driven both the auto & manual Micra, but haven't compared it directly with a Mirage (same route, same conditions). So it's hard to draw firm conclusions.

I drove (eco-drove) an automatic Micra for a week covering 940.5 km (584 mi.) and saw 5.4 L/100 km = 52.3 mpg (Imperial) = 43.6 mpg (US). Most automatic owners aren't getting anywhere near that, but I happened to be driving pretty ideal routes in pretty ideal conditions.

In the 5-speed Mirage I had for 1478 km / 918 miles, I saw 4.4 L/100 km = 54 mpg US. I wasn't nearly as gentle on the Mirage as the Micra, but again it wasn't a head to head comparison. If forced to guess, I'd say a manual Micra would use about 20-25% more gas than a manual Mirage in the same conditions with the same driving techniques.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

debburyl (03-05-2015)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    4.4. is pretty good. definitely much better than anything on fuelly for the newer micras. that kinda makes me want to try one out and see what i can get from it. i get close to 40mpg in my manual yaris. i'd be interested to see what you could get out of it. i bet you'd get 45 easy from the yaris if i can get almost 40.