Page 41 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    palebeachbum, there is more to the Mitsubishi Motors story and background. I found and shared an article in the thread "Mitsubishi says employees cheated on fuel economy/emissions tests". You can find my post here, with highlights from the article. I learned a lot about Mitsubishi reading this single article. It helps explain why Mitsubishi has been on the decline, and trimmed it's offerings. In a nutshell, the partnership with DaimlerChrysler had an impact on future model development.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

June deliveries

USA: 1541 Mirages

That's below last June, and a bit troubling considering the redesigned 2017 is available, plus the sedan has arrived on dealer lots too.

Perhaps it's because the new Spark is kicking butt: it just had its best ever month @ 6559 sales.

---

Canada: 256 Mirages

A bit above last June's numbers, but below average this year.

Again, the Spark may be the culprit. It outsold the Mirage for the first time this year. That's only the 4th time the Spark has ever outsold it in Canada (reverse of what usually happens in the U.S.)

Interesting factoid: 10% of Mirage sales in Canada have been the sedan since it launched.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...eries-commence

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Without any discounts, the 2017 Mirage is too much money for what they are offering. They are going to have trouble against the Spark unless they bring back the big rebates. This all goes back to what a lot of people were saying a few months ago...It is overpriced. They should have came in with a lower price to begin with and reduced the rebates. When people go to build it online or look at window stickers, the price is a total turnoff. Especially when you consider cars like the Spark, iA and so on. They can be optioned up to over 20 grand if you want every option. 20 GRAND! For that price you can get a whole other class of car like a small SUV that most people want nowadays anyway. The Mirages should range from 12 to 16 grand at the most. Anything more than that and they are not worth it. For 20 grand, it better have a turbo, a good suspension and say Ralliart on it somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-05-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    Without any discounts, the 2017 Mirage is too much money for what they are offering. They are going to have trouble against the Spark unless they bring back the big rebates. This all goes back to what a lot of people were saying a few months ago...It is overpriced. They should have came in with a lower price to begin with and reduced the rebates. When people go to build it online or look at window stickers, the price is a total turnoff. Especially when you consider cars like the Spark, iA and so on. They can be optioned up to over 20 grand if you want every option. 20 GRAND! For that price you can get a whole other class of car like a small SUV that most people want nowadays anyway. The Mirages should range from 12 to 16 grand at the most. Anything more than that and they are not worth it. For 20 grand, it better have a turbo, a good suspension and say Ralliart on it somewhere.
    Completely agree. Mitsubishi can move lots of these cars...they just have to price them right. Without good rebates, all but the base models are too expensive. I think they should start at $10,995 for the base manual hatch and top out at about $15,995 for the SE sedan.

I'd say $13,900 for the base hatch now isn't bad, but for $17-$18k you can buy a lot more car.

I was happy to see an ad confirming Mitsu Canada is continuing the "$9998" (with rebate) pricing on the 2017 hatch. They wouldn't be doing it if Nissan hadn't forced their hand though.

We know price moves the metal: just look at the sales in March with the big rebates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $20k is pushing into an incentive laden Outlander territory.

Outlanders appear to be selling like hot cakes. I'm seeing more and more of them.

Got nothing against my Mirage but an Outlander is in the radar, my wife wants a new car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by man114 View Post
    $20k is pushing into an incentive laden Outlander territory.

Outlanders appear to be selling like hot cakes. I'm seeing more and more of them.

Got nothing against my Mirage but an Outlander is in the radar, my wife wants a new car.
    Yes. There are so many small crossovers for that price. You can get all wheel drive Jeep Patriots/Compass and Subaru Imprezas. Not sure how Mitsubishi came up with those prices. It does not have the power or interior quality to compete at over 16 grand or so.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    When I bought my new 2014 Mirage the sticker on the window was $16,200, if I'm recalling correctly. I thought that was really steep considering it was still missing some features . Had I not gotten the huge discount I never would have bought the car . Too much money for what the Mirage is and offers. The most comparable vehicle pricewise is the Nissan Versa. That was my previous car. It feels like a lot more car for the money in terms of how it drives compared to the Mirage, but it lacks all of the features you expect and want that the Mirage does offer for the same kind of money. It's a trade-off.

July US sales

1280 Mirages - Not the best month.

In fact, it's the lowest July performance so far.

Considering the G4 sedan is now available alongside the hatchback in the States, that number is arguably even worse than it looks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And the reason for that is the price. A $750 rebate is not enough to motivate people to buy them. The car is just priced too high to help it get any interest. If Mitsubishi ends up going away in the next few years I will not be surprised. The first new product that they have in a few years and they totally botch the launch by pricing it as if it is a class leading car, which it is not. The only thing they have to compete with right now is price, and they are not doing it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gnarles2 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-03-2016)