Page 55 of 119 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wow. That's a lot!

Bad news for corporate profits, but good news for Mirage shoppers. Get ready for the imminent return of $1500+ incentives.
    Agreed. Gotta keep the steel moving. I don't think it's a coincidence that sales dropped off in tandem with the factory incentives Mitsubishi was offering this time last year.

Current deals in the US:

$1000 off any remaining 2017 hatchbacks, or 0% financing for 48 mos + $250.

$2000 off any remaining 2017 G4's, or 0% for 48 mos. + $500

(Do we have a thread that tracks incentives? Might be useful.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And still it pales in comparison to what petrol costs in Europe.
    And that's why Europe is plagued with so many diesel vehicles they're beginning to ban them in some areas.

Don't worry... they'll finish converting the rest of the gas vehicles to LPG once the bans spread. And if they up the price of autogas (LPG) who knows, maybe wood gasification will be back in style.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.6 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    Meanwhile, due to brutal taxation, my area is once again approaching those high prices of ten years ago... but the people have been well conditioned by now to accept it so there are few complaints, unlike back in the day.
    Not just you, I saw gas for $1.259 in the Niagara region not long ago. That's $5.75/gallon.

I don't understand how all the yahoos flying down the road in their F-150's @140kmh afford the gas. The mileage must be awful.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's $1.46/ liter here as I type. Only about 5 cents lower than the all-time high just before the financial crisis hit. I am also an F-250 owner so I feel the pain of the pickup truck drivers. I sure am glad that I have my little mirage for the day to day grind, and it's pumping out beautiful numbers these days even in winter (relatively speaking). Great investment. Even getting up there now in mileage, it's a clean little engine (other than the dead rat that I had to "scoop" out of one of the little hollows in the metal. yuck!).

@ Shepd - My brother just returned from a trip to Cuba and he told me that since the last time he visited (maybe about 6 years ago), they have converted large numbers of their cars to LPG.
    2014 White SE with CVT

U.S. January sales

1103 Mirages sold. A poor showing, but it's in line with some of the previous January numbers (typically a weak month for sales).

HOWEVER... it's waaaay out of step with sales of Mitsu's other vehicles which led the company to its best January in 10 years:

CYPRESS, Calif. – Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) reported January 2018 sales of 8,480 units sold, up 31.3 percent over January 2017. Coming off a strong sales year in 2017 where Mitsubishi Motors was the fastest growing non-luxury brand in the U.S.*, it posted its best January sales since 2007.

Mitsubishi’s sales surge in January was led by its family of CUVs, which posted sales gains of 82.1 percent.
    Source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...ver-30-percent

Time to ratchet up the incentives, Mitsu.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Daox (02-01-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Still, at only 1100 per month, its still by and far exceeding its original expected sales of ~7000 per year.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Small economy cars have limited appeal in the US. Hatchbacks have very limited appeal in the US. These numbers don't surprise me. It also doesn't surprise me that the CUVs are leading Mitsu's sales, as it's a popular and growing segment. I myself would like to replace my Mirage with a new Mitsu CUV. I need more cargo room. I want better visibility, safety, and performance.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking for an Affordable Ride? Try a Mitsubishi Lot
    source: The Wall Street Journal, 01-15-2018*

MMNA's market share is tiny but their credit arm is killing it.

"... About 40% of those buyers were financed at annual percentage rates above 10%, according to Edmunds.com, indicating the brand appeals to buyers who otherwise might struggle to get financed for a new car. Industrywide, only 10% of customers have loans with an APR above 10% on a new car; Dodge, the closest behind Mitsubishi, counts 26% of buyers in that category ..."

* paywall curtain was open earlier today but closed again last check ...
    Last edited by Tuques; 02-01-2018 at 06:06 PM.

Whoops - I thought Mitsu was moving away from its reputation as lender of last resort.