Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2017 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 806 Posts
    Sales of the Spark & Micra have collapsed too, in Canada.

Everybody who's buying is buying "crossovers" these days!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I blame the unbelievably high house prices in part. ... check out the Vancouver real estate prices sometime.
    It's crazy. A friend of mine moved out of Vancouver last month to small town eastern Ontario. She could literally retire on the proceeds of the sale of the extremely modest Vancouver bungalow she had. She's barely mid-life-crisis age!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage base ES 1.2 manual: 54.0 mpg (US) ... 23.0 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 64.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    that's a bummer. not a good sign. almost everyone I know is tapped out, even for a cheap car. I blame the unbelievably high house prices in part.

for other readers: check out the Vancouver real estate prices sometime. but make sure you are not drinking anything at the time.
    Housing costs and costs in general in Canada seem awfully high. I live near Buffalo and take an occasional trip across the border and the difference is like night and day.

Here you can buy a nice house in a good neighborhood for nothing in comparison. I live in a rural suburb and paid $120k for a 1500 sq foot house. You could expect to pay even less closer to the city.

While Ontario seems steep compared to here Vancouver is just insane.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It's crazy. A friend of mine moved out of Vancouver last month to small town eastern Ontario. She could literally retire on the proceeds of the sale of the extremely modest Vancouver bungalow she had. She's barely mid-life-crisis age!
    a friend of mine, now in his late 30's, bought two detached in the early 2000s in Vancouver. each cost in the high 300k price range. we mocked him at the time for overpaying. he sold them both almost 2 years ago for 2.1 million each and is now retired.

getting back on topic, my point from before, which is supported by Metro's numbers on the other small cars, is that people here can't even afford to but the cheapest new cars. it's a worrying sign for the economy in general. depending on how the new NAFTA negotiations go, hopefully the US recovery can give us a little boost up here.

2014 White SE with CVT