Page 119 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119
Results 1,181 to 1,184 of 1184

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebr View Post
    I will say at least some dealerships appear to have their own "oil change" promos that stack on top of this. I got an email from White Bear saying I get two free oil changes from them, and as far as I can tell that appears to be separate from the three Mitsubishi offers (since the email said that they're only good at White Bear and they have a different portal.) Given the different effective periods of the free oil changes, I won't get quite as much value as I'd like (since the two free from White Bear appear to need to be done in the first six months, and one of the three from Mitsubishi needs to be done within the first 12,000 miles, so I can't do a clean 5,000/10,000/15,000,) but it's still going to probably save me $200-$400 versus going in on a standard interval. I prefer to have a knowledgeable tech give the car a look-over every 5,000 miles or so anyways, and the extra effort and time to do my own oil changes isn't worth the $25-$50 per oil change in savings to me.

To be fair, I'm probably close to their target demographic (someone that wants a small car, lives in a city, does a lot of simple A-to-B driving,) so the offering being useful to me makes sense.
    I'm in a different camp, but I would embrace free oil changes if I lived near a dealership. I never took advantage of White Bear's free oil change, because they are 3.5 - 4 hours away. If I lived in the Twin Cities area, I would have.

If I had a new Mirage today, I would do my first oil change early (2,000 miles or so). The 2nd one would be 3,000 miles later at 5,000 miles. I would do every 5,000 miles from there for my driving, which is sort of what I do now.

Given what I just shared, my third oil change would be done when my Mirage reached 10,000 miles. I trust myself doing an oil change more than anyone else. The best mechanics at most larger shops/dealerships aren't the ones doing oil changes. If someone uses a small town mechanic's shop, that might be different.

I can do an oil change faster @ home than any place I would drive to have it done. Everyone's situation is surely different!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

jebr (01-12-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm in a different camp, but I would embrace free oil changes if I lived near a dealership. I never took advantage of White Bear's free oil change, because they are 3.5 - 4 hours away. If I lived in the Twin Cities area, I would have.

If I had a new Mirage today, I would do my first oil change early (2,000 miles or so). The 2nd one would be 3,000 miles later at 5,000 miles. I would do every 5,000 miles from there for my driving, which is sort of what I do now.

Given what I just shared, my third oil change would be done when my Mirage reached 10,000 miles. I trust myself doing an oil change more than anyone else. The best mechanics at most larger shops/dealerships aren't the ones doing oil changes. If someone uses a small town mechanic's shop, that might be different.

I can do an oil change faster @ home than any place I would drive to have it done. Everyone's situation is surely different!
    Funny you said that. I had a mirage story.

My G4 reached 5k miles 2 months ago. I took it to the dealer for a free 1x oil change, courtesy of Mitsu Motor and they did thatÂ…except it was sadly a rush job. This happened 1 hour before service dept close. Due to my availability.

How did I knew it was a rush job? WellÂ…When I got home, I popped the hood and checked the oil level and it was a hair over F, which was fine but it was not 100% cleaned up below the oil filter. The filter was tight as expected. I was not too happy about it.

So I took the survey and mentioned my dissatisfaction, provided by Mitsu Motors online and they somehow passed it on to the dealer to get it resolved. Dealer called me and I didnÂ’t answer. They left me a voice message stating theyÂ’re sorry and would want to clean it up. That it. Nothing else. I didnÂ’t bother calling them back.

Next time, IÂ’ll do the oil change myself, even with the CVT service. Free service is not even worth going for it if thereÂ’s going to be dissatisfaction. Warranty repair is an exception of course. But then IÂ’ll need to make sure to check their work before driving off the lot. TheyÂ’re not Toyota as far as competency goes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2023 Mirage G4 SE 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle99 View Post
    Funny you said that. I had a mirage story.

My G4 reached 5k miles 2 months ago. I took it to the dealer for a free 1x oil change, courtesy of Mitsu Motor and they did thatÂ…except it was sadly a rush job. This happened 1 hour before service dept close. Due to my availability.

How did I knew it was a rush job? WellÂ…When I got home, I popped the hood and checked the oil level and it was a hair over F, which was fine but it was not 100% cleaned up below the oil filter. The filter was tight as expected. I was not too happy about it.

So I took the survey and mentioned my dissatisfaction, provided by Mitsu Motors online and they somehow passed it on to the dealer to get it resolved. Dealer called me and I didnÂ’t answer. They left me a voice message stating theyÂ’re sorry and would want to clean it up. That it. Nothing else. I didnÂ’t bother calling them back.

Next time, IÂ’ll do the oil change myself, even with the CVT service. Free service is not even worth going for it if thereÂ’s going to be dissatisfaction. Warranty repair is an exception of course. But then IÂ’ll need to make sure to check their work before driving off the lot. TheyÂ’re not Toyota as far as competency goes.
    I will only use a dealership under 3 circumstances.

Warranty work.
    Recall work.
    My local small town mechanic suggests the work be done at the dealership.

I would trust my local (which for me is 65 miles away) Toyota, Honda, & Subaru dealerships. I would not trust my local Mitsubishi dealership.

My best vehicles in the past never went back to a dealership for anything.

I don't remember my 1990 Ford Festiva needing dealership service, but Midas did 7 free mufflers over a 14 year period. It was on its 9th muffler (including the factory one) when I sold the car in 2004. I paid for the first aftermarket one, and the Midas warranty took care of the next 7. I don't miss that!

They blamed the lack of heat reaching the rear of the car, & I saw water pour out of them a few times when they replaced them.

My dad is the opposite. He has GM dealerships do all the work on his vehicles, but he's also 83 years old. He's been this way for decades, which never made sense to me. He wouldn't hesitate to split a tractor in half to replace a clutch, but he never really worked on his own cars much.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-12-2024 at 04:56 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-12-2024)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I will only use a dealership under 3 circumstances.

Warranty work.
    Recall work.
    My local small town mechanic suggests the work be done at the dealership.
    Same for me. However, I'm a Toyota fan through and through. At least as far as Toyota Motor Corporation. But when it comes to TMMNA / USA dealers ... THEY SUCK just as much as any other USA dealer.

Had a Honda Oddity, the dealer SUCKED. Had a couple Toyotas, the dealers SUCKED.

That's why I'm in agreement with Mark about *WHEN* a dealer would touch my car. Which is also why I buy reliable cars. I don't want any dealer touching my cars.

Some private mechanics suck. But sometimes, you can find a shop or two that do good work at fair prices. Unfortunately I just lost one of those guys.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)