Page 46 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Sales of the Spark & Micra have collapsed too, in Canada.

Everybody who's buying is buying "crossovers" these days!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    I blame the unbelievably high house prices in part. ... check out the Vancouver real estate prices sometime.
    It's crazy. A friend of mine moved out of Vancouver last month to small town eastern Ontario. She could literally retire on the proceeds of the sale of the extremely modest Vancouver bungalow she had. She's barely mid-life-crisis age!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kapitan View Post
    that's a bummer. not a good sign. almost everyone I know is tapped out, even for a cheap car. I blame the unbelievably high house prices in part.

for other readers: check out the Vancouver real estate prices sometime. but make sure you are not drinking anything at the time.
    Housing costs and costs in general in Canada seem awfully high. I live near Buffalo and take an occasional trip across the border and the difference is like night and day.

Here you can buy a nice house in a good neighborhood for nothing in comparison. I live in a rural suburb and paid $120k for a 1500 sq foot house. You could expect to pay even less closer to the city.

While Ontario seems steep compared to here Vancouver is just insane.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    It's crazy. A friend of mine moved out of Vancouver last month to small town eastern Ontario. She could literally retire on the proceeds of the sale of the extremely modest Vancouver bungalow she had. She's barely mid-life-crisis age!
    a friend of mine, now in his late 30's, bought two detached in the early 2000s in Vancouver. each cost in the high 300k price range. we mocked him at the time for overpaying. he sold them both almost 2 years ago for 2.1 million each and is now retired.

getting back on topic, my point from before, which is supported by Metro's numbers on the other small cars, is that people here can't even afford to but the cheapest new cars. it's a worrying sign for the economy in general. depending on how the new NAFTA negotiations go, hopefully the US recovery can give us a little boost up here.
    2014 White SE with CVT

El Kapitan - delayed response...

That's an amazing story about your friend retiring in his 30's courtesy of the Vancouver real estate lottery. Probably not the only one.

U.S: best February sales ever

2835 Mirages sold last month for a best ever February.

Year-to-date it's even beating the Spark in sales, which hasn't happened before.

And overall, the company did well in the States:

Mitsubishi Motors Reports Best February Sales Since 2005

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) reported February 2017 sales of 10,924 an increase of 38.8 percent over February 2016. Mitsubishi's flagship CUV lead the way with total sales of 3,665, an increase of 72.8 percent over last year and the best February sales month in 14 years (2003). The spirited and fuel efficient Mirage and Mirage G4 posted combined sales of 2,835 representing an increase of 145 percent over February 2016. For the calendar year, Mitsubishi sales are up 23 percent when compared to the same period last year.
    http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...les-since-2005

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That is excellent. Hopefully they can keep it up and get some new models produced. The Mirage will be due for a complete redesign in probably another year or 2 and the Outlander and Outlander Sport have been due for one for about 2 years. Make some money and get to work at rebuilding the brand and making cars that people really want.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)

Canada: ouch

North of the 49th, 135 Mirages found new homes. Not its worst month ever (that was last month!).

Bad month for overall sales though:

Overall monthly sales of 1,319 units were down 14.7 per cent versus a record 1,547 deliveries last February.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/c...february-sales

Sales of the Micra have also collapsed: 354, for its worst month. That's down 50% from last Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles2 View Post
    a complete redesign... the Outlander and Outlander Sport have been due for one for about 2 years.
    First, it looks like they're replacing the Lancer with another crossover that slots between those two... the 2018 Eclipse Cross.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have seen it and I am sure that it will be a decent seller for them but I would have no interest in it. I can not buy an SUV that has no trunk space. The rear of the Eclipse Cross is so severely raked to give it a sportier coupe-like look that they have pretty much taken the utility out of SUV. Also, the name is a joke for someone like me who grew up loving the first and second generation Eclipse. But, most people who do not care about cars will not be bothered by the name. By the time I am ready to trade in my current SUV for a new one, there should be a new Outlander so maybe that will work.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.5 mpg (US) ... 18.1 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.1 mpg (Imp)