Page 6 of 119 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looking better all the time...

Mitsubishi Motors Roars Into The New Year With A 56 Percent Increase In December

As reported...

The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,388 units sold in the vehicle's second full month of sales, an increase of nearly 32 percent from its first full month in November 2013.
    "This marked MMNA's best December sales in seven years," said MMNA President & CEO Yoichi Yokozawa. "Our sales were up 27 percent July through December compared to the prior year, so we are pleased to take tremendous momentum into the New Year."
    Thanks Darin aka MetroMPG for this thread. I hope I'm putting this in the right place, correct me if not.

-Zxit

Zxit say... It's a Mirage. LoL! But I love it.

January prognostication

Based on some "2013 model clear-out" ads I've been seeing for various other subcompacts & compacts, I think I'll be surprised if the Mirage has a great month in January.

Lots of last year's cars are now going for well below sticker price. Like $3k off a Mazda 2. Base Hyundai Elantra for the same price as a Mirage. Stuff like that.

However, next year at this time we may see some crazy prices on remaining 2014 Mirages in the US/Canada.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I know where I work, we are really really slow right now

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What is interesting is if you check the Cars.com, there are many cheap cars on the market out there and most of them are 2014 model year:
    Name:  versa.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  17.8 KB

And, of course, you can find the Mirage:
    Name:  mirage.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  18.4 KB
    And then the '14 Spark goes for $9,999

Those who are looking for a good deal need to work with it to find a good car because the supply of MY2013 is very limited.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-21-2014)

January 2014 sales: 1170

Here it is...

Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported January sales of 4,867, up 4.5 percent compared to January 2013.

The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,170 units sold in the vehicle's third full month of sales. Mirage was recently named to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy's prestigious "Greenest Vehicles" list for the 2014 model year.
    Source: http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...0-07835f90a19e

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

CLARK (02-04-2014),Mikhail (02-03-2014)

234 more Mirages in Canada; Spark comparo

the all-new Mirage subcompact hatchback emerged with 234 sales – its best month since last September’s launch.
    Source: http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/e...?mediaid=14388

---

FYI, I also updated the chart on page 1: in the U.S. GM sold 1848 Sparks, down 23.3% from a year ago (2408). Think it's fair to say now after 3 months that Mirage is affecting those numbers.

GM sales numbers for Canada aren't out yet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Another good month for the Mirage. Its great to see actual sales above expected numbers.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Update to the Spark vs. Mirage sales comparison: Canadian Spark sales came in at 105 in January.

Not counting the first (partial?) month of Mirage sales, it's selling better in Canada than the Spark.

I wonder why. GM probably has 5-10x as many dealers as Mitsu. I could buy a Spark where I live, but I'd have to go 100 km to get a Mirage (and have it serviced).

Maybe it's because the Canadian reviews were generally nicer? (With two very notable exceptions of this one and this one.)

In the U.S., the Mirage has yet to outsell the Spark in any month.

Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Another good month for the Mirage. Its great to see actual sales above expected numbers.
    Agreed - it's only had 3 full months of sales in the U.S., and it's already past the half way point of Mitsu's estimate of 7k/year. So maybe we're looking at closer to ~14,000 a year.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for the update.

Chevrolet has about 3000 dealers in US, whereas Mitsubishi 400. By calculating the amount of the Spark every Chevy dealer sold is only 0.6, when at the same time each Mitsubishi dealer sold 2.9 of the Mirage. That's 4.8 times better per dealer.

Quote from the article Mitsubishi dealers struggle through dearth of product:

How's demand for the Mirage?

It is selling well. The turn is good on it. Dealers put in huge orders, higher than Mitsubishi anticipated. There was a lot of concern about whether we could sell that car in the U.S., but it's in an excellent competitive position because it wasn't marketed to be anything more than it really is, which is a Point A to Point B safe, economical car at 44 mpg and a 10-year warranty -- for $12,900.

There are some dealers that have really gotten on board and have already done 30 to 40 units a month in December.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-04-2014)