Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1197

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.carsdirect.com/automotiv...inued-for-2023

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Mitsubishi! THIS IS SABBOTAGE!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    2023 is only $200 more than the 2022, and a manual is still available for the Canadian market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2022 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.1 mpg (US) ... 17.0 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 48.1 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 88coltturbo For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't you Canucks feel used? Mitsubishi is only using you guys to eat up their inventory of manual transmissions. I'd wager money they'll use them up before the end of 2023 production ... so a late build 2023 will likely be impossible to be had with a manual transmission.

Better get one while they're HOT.

Oh wait, let me start a new rumor. They're using 2023 model year to eat up the 5-speeds, because they're tooling up a 6-speed for the 2024 model!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (09-02-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Don't you Canucks feel used? Mitsubishi is only using you guys to eat up their inventory of manual transmissions. I'd wager money they'll use them up before the end of 2023 production ... so a late build 2023 will likely be impossible to be had with a manual transmission.

Better get one while they're HOT.

Oh wait, let me start a new rumor. They're using 2023 model year to eat up the 5-speeds, because they're tooling up a 6-speed for the 2024 model!
    I mean if they are still offering the manual in other third world countries I don't think they have supply to eat up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirageman38 For This Useful Post:

mohammad (09-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I mean if they are still offering the manual in other third world countries I don't think they have supply to eat up.
    I guess not but the US simply won't be getting one. I assume Mexico will still be getting the manual transmission option for the forthcoming model year.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    They could be just skipping a year or two or three, until demand builds up again. There'll be more used cars on the market in a few years.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 42.3 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.8 mpg (Imp)

Are you calling my tiny country a third world country?

Are you Americans getting the features Mitsubishi "sabotaged" from my top tier 2023 car: lane departure warning, automatic high beam, forward collision mitigation system, or the trunk storage organizer, or the armrest with middle console...

They apparently stated to the dealer they did this because of the chip shortage.

I did get a auto dimming rear view mirror though (never noticed it automatically dimming since about 2 months of owning it...)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    One needs to understand the SCALE of auto production to understand this. The SCALE is HUGE in automotive. I doubt they already have on hand the manuals needed to fulfill all their manual transmission broadcast to the end of the 2023MY production run. However, I bet they have the order for them placed. Production end of 2023MY (model year) may be in June of 2023. That's 9 or 10 months. They know what they're going to build, and they know how many their going to build. Neither Mitsu or any Tier 1 suppliers want any scrap left over. So, personally, I believe the vendor for the manual is building it out as we speak (my belief). And to make that volume extend over the majority of the 2023MY production, they have to leave the U.S. out of the equation.

And I would bet that the last of the manual transmissions will be assembled into Mirages in about March of 2023. The plan to be efficient would be to finish the manuals before the last couple months of production. To be sure it is completely built out, and no extra left behind. You can do such things with optional items ... like the manual transmission. But you can't cut off steering wheel production early.

They can and do stuff like, run out of A/C systems slightly early, and the final built cars are those with minimal or virtually no options. Like the Canadian cars that can still be had with no A/C.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobu View Post
    They could be just skipping a year or two or three, until demand builds up again. There'll be more used cars on the market in a few years.
    There may be more used vehicles on the market in a few years, but I doubt more used cars. As far as economy cars go, what's left besides the Mirage once the Spark is done?

Anyone who bought Ford cars in the past will be looking for something else, unless they drive Mustangs. Chevy, Dodge, Chrysler offer very few car models.

The Camry, Accord, Corolla, & Civic have evolved into nicer but more expensive cars.

I tend to use the term "car" when I should use the term "vehicle" these days. "Vehicle mechanic" doesn't sound the same as a "car mechanic", however.