Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage monthly sales, US & Canada, 2013-2023 (projected 7000/yr for U.S.)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    April Sales Soar More Than 46 Percent

The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,331 units sold [in April 2014], also the third-best all time monthly sales total for that model which was introduced in September 2013.

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/rele...c-b983cb58068e

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mikhail For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-01-2014)

Thank you, sir!

I'll update the totals in the first post.

And now we wait to see if Canadian Mirage sales have been affected by the announced arrival of the $9998 Nissan Micra. It has been trickling into dealerships for about a week now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Another good month

Way to go Canada! :D

Wow: 577 Mirage sales in April. That's a huge jump, and a boost for the company:

Mitsubishi Motor Sales of Canada sold 2,252 vehicles last month, only 13 units shy of the company’s all-time record 2,265 sales in April 2013.
    http://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/e...?mediaid=14404

Also, the competing Nissan Micra just started arriving at dealerships in the last week or so, and 201 were sold. National advertising hasn't begun yet.

First post totals updated. Chevy Spark sales not available yet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    577 - is an incredible number for Mirage. Now, I'm happy.

The Micra is a good cheap car for those who needs a basic transportation and someone is not going to drive a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    577 - is an incredible number for Mirage.
    No kidding! At 1/10th the US population... per capita, Canadians really like the Mirage. That'd be ~5770 U.S. sales if we bought them in equal amounts to our populations.

---

Canadian Spark sales updated, and Mirage is kicking butt. Year to date: 1376 vs. 784.

Spark is still leading in the U.S. though. Too bad we don't know how much of the totals are retail vs. fleet sales.

fleet sales

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    577 - is an incredible number for Mirage [for Canada]
    Update to the happy Canada April sales statistic:

I was in Montreal yesterday for a test drive of the Nissan Micra at its media launch event. The marketing manager for the car rode shotgun with me, and monthly sales numbers are his thing. Knowing the competition is a key part of the job, and he mentioned that the companies actually share sales data (and even vehicles) with one another.

How does this all relate to the Mirage?

He told me the bump in Canadian Mirage sales in April was due to a big fleet order. I mentioned the big jump in Spark sales in the U.S. a month earlier, and he didn't disagree that it might have been a fleet thing too.

Too bad we don't get that "fleet vs. individual retail sales" breakdown in the public monthly numbers.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Mikhail (05-17-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One of the pizza chains in our town bought a Mirage in each color for use as delivery vehicles. They also have a fleet of MIEV electric vehicles.

We looked at the pizza fleet when we were shopping as they had every color lined up at their business during the day, before deliveries started. The sales guy actually suggested this during a test drive, as they only had certain colors in stock on the lot.

The pizza shop owner was there when we were looking at his cars and helped sell them to us. Nothing but praise about the gas mileage, and the fact that the "skinny" tires on the car did great in the snow. He indicated that they never had one stuck all winter, and that was a first for any of his delivery vehicles.

He started using one of his Mirages for long trips to visit family, due to the gas mileage on the highway. Indicated that the Mirage was comfortable to drive on the open road, and made travelling a distance a much more affordable option.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to aydu For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-19-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aydu View Post
    the "skinny" tires on the car did great in the snow...
    ... were they the stock Dunop LRR tires?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep. DE models with stock everything.