Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lenses into Mirage -?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Lenses into Mirage -?

Hey everyone!
    I am new on the forum. My Mirage is 2015. I bought it used, though they gave me a huge discount on it b/c the chome plating peeled off in the headlights. Now, I noticed that noone seems to make any projector headlights for the Mirage, so now I consider installing a Hella lens inside by myself.
    Now, I was wondering, if anyone has done this kind of headlights upgrade? As I said, I consider Hella lenses, but maybe there is something better that you dealt with?
    Another thing. If I decide to go with a body-colored lens (green) - who knows, what's the best way to give it this color? I saw special films to do that, yet I am not sure, whether they decrease light quality.
    Any advice is appreciated

Attached Images Attached Images   

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Skywalker and welcome to the forum.

There have been a few forum members who have changed their headlights. Hopefully they chime in soon with their advice.

Again, welcome!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    If you can find a ‘17+ GT in a wrecking yard they have projector lights. Easy painless swap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2017),poorman1 (11-16-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I first started with wanting to install a set of projectors. I made up a DIY for the first set I made.
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...irage-G4/page4

Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you can find a ‘17+ GT in a wrecking yard they have projector lights. Easy painless swap.
    I now have OEM GT projectors in my Mirage, while it's definitely not a painless swap since it's not plug and play, you will have to do some splicing and such. I plan on doing a DIY myself
    (blank signature)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-17-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I first started with wanting to install a set of projectors. I made up a DIY for the first set I made.
    http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...irage-G4/page4

I now have OEM GT projectors in my Mirage, while it's definitely not a painless swap since it's not plug and play, you will have to do some splicing and such. I plan on doing a DIY myself
    I should have qualified my statement that it’s much less hassle than taking apart a regular set of headlights and mounting a set of projectors in them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    I should have qualified my statement that it’s much less hassle than taking apart a regular set of headlights and mounting a set of projectors in them.
    Well in that regards you are correct! Plus they look better too. ☺
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! Now, you know, I'm glad that I decided to register.

That's an idea! I am not sure whether my local yard has got any, yet will check there and maybe on e-bay.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, folks! Now, you know, I'm glad that I decided to register.
    Thanks for coming aboard.
    Any forum is as strong as it's members are active. Have a look around, make a Garage Entry, and let us know if you have any questions. There are lots of friendly folks here willing to help you make the most of your Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    That's an idea! I am not sure whether my local yard has got any, yet will check there and maybe on e-bay.
    Your local yard might not have one but they should be able to search other yards for their inventory.

You can search for yourself. One online resource is car-part.com

For example, did yours come with the navigation package? Some Mirages were sold with a custom Rockford Fosgate option, with amp, speakers & subwoofer, which would be a cool find in a junkyard.

It'll be interesting to see how this works out for you. Be sure to post some pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, folks, here is the news. I bought used 2017 GT lights off e-bay, and I should have them by Tuesday. Now, I think what will be the right way to color the lens if I decide to. I've read about the film, that folks glue right on the top of lens - see this purple Lancer Evo. I mean, I want to disassemble the lights and do something similar
    Name:  0212.JPG
Views: 362
Size:  44.7 KB
    Or, there is also a kind of spray, you know, which guys use to tint lights from the outside. Maybe the same spray will be okay for the lens itself... here's what I am thinking of. Will get back to you, folks, as soon as I figure something out.
    Last edited by Skywalker; 11-30-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would not consider it safe to put any sort of tint or film onto headlights