Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rostra Aftermarket Cruise Control kit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't think the sensor IDs can be reprogrammed.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroJim View Post
    I don't think the sensor IDs can be reprogrammed.
    Just to be clear, are you saying the ETACS decoder software will not allow the codes for another set of sensors to be programmed into the ETACS? The codes on the sensors can't be changed, of course.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Just to be clear, are you saying the ETACS decoder software will not allow the codes for another set of sensors to be programmed into the ETACS? The codes on the sensors can't be changed, of course.
    So far the issue we’ve seen is that the dealers here in North America only seem to be able to only load one set of TPMS sensors into ETACS even though the service manual clearly shows how to load two sets of 4 sensors for a total of 8 (to be able to switch between a winter/summer set of rims). Reprogramming a new set of 4 doesn’t seem to be an issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't tried it, but I was just going off this post. Earl Vadim is the creator of ETACS decoder.

https://etacsdecoder.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=728

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    So far the issue we’ve seen is that the dealers here in North America only seem to be able to only load one set of TPMS sensors into ETACS even though the service manual clearly shows how to load two sets of 4 sensors for a total of 8 (to be able to switch between a winter/summer set of rims). Reprogramming a new set of 4 doesn’t seem to be an issue.
    I am talking about individual owners who are employing an "ETACS decoder", not a dealership using an MUT3.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroJim View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I was just going off this post. Earl Vadim is the creator of ETACS decoder.
    Well...guess that settles the issue for DIY TPMS in a Mirage.

Here's how I plan on avoiding the need for ETACS TPMS programming in the future...(apologies for getting off-topic)...

The next time I need tires or an alignment, I'm going to have the shop read the sensor IDs of my existing TPMS sensors. Most shops should have a tool to do this...and they probably won't even charge you if you're having some other service done. I'll make sure I know which sensor is in which wheel. When I need a new sensor, I'll know the ID of the failed sensor and will just have a replacement sensor "cloned" with that ID number. Approaching it this way, I would never have a need to deal with ETACS programming. Obviously this only works if you know the sensor ID before it dies.

Each TPMS sensor has lots of numbers on it...but I'm not sure if any of these are the actual sensor ID. I have a spare TPMS sensor that I will take with me to the shop to find out.

Name:  2014 Mirage TPMS Sensor 4250C276.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  47.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageMan2017 View Post
    Can only seem to find ES models here in NJ and would very much like to have cruise control.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with the Rostra retrofit kit for the Mirage. Any info would be helpful. From what I see the kit is just under $300. I would have a pro install it if I went that way.

This is a link to a pdf of the kit instructions and description.

Any suggestions/info appreciated.
    Just got the rostra unit installed in our 2017 Mirage G4 CVT. Works great, the white font lettering and stalk color matches the interior. Its a lil hard to see but easily felt and engaged. Cost total of $560 for part and labor only took 2 hours. No worries about ECU damage either as its its own computer, so the cruise icon doesnt turn on on the dashboard. Great investment!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-03-2019),inuvik (06-03-2019),Top_Fuel (06-03-2019)