Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transmission Speed Sensor Location - Mirage 2014 1000cc.

I still haven't figured out how to post pages from the manual. One day.....

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I still haven't figured out how to post pages from the manual. One day.....
    LOL... I'm sitting at work with my laptop. I just pull up the page, take a screen shot, and paste it into an image file that I attach. Just don't ask me to post a video of anything.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-16-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    LOL... I'm sitting at work with my laptop. I just pull up the page, take a screen shot, and paste it into an image file that I attach. Just don't ask me to post a video of anything.
    To insert videos copy and paste the YouTube URL and the forum software will do the rest.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2014 View Post
    I got it on different OBD scanners, and one scanner gave an an error on Secondary Transmission Sensor.
    I'm curious to know if you have checked the wiring connections to your transmission.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-16-2018 at 09:37 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    To insert videos copy and paste the YouTube URL and the forum software will do the rest.
    Sorry, I should have said... Don't ask me to make a video and post it. I've never done any video editing.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Sorry, I should have said... Don't ask me to make a video and post it. I've never done any video editing.
    Ha! These smart phones make it easy. Besides, I want to see your Mirage burnout.

Talk about topic drift.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-17-2018)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I have the 2015 FSM and I am looking for info on the Vehicle Speed sensor for the 2014 Mirage M/T and find nothing.

This site lists part no. 2560A057 as VSS for the M/T
    https://www.tokopedia.com/istanamits...subishi-mirage

Maybe @Fummins can take a look at the vehicles in his pool where that Vehicle speed sensor hooks up into the ECM module

Quote Originally Posted by Mitz View Post
    I have the 2015 FSM and I am looking for info on the Vehicle Speed sensor for the 2014 Mirage M/T and find nothing.

This site lists part no. 2560A057 as VSS for the M/T
    https://www.tokopedia.com/istanamits...subishi-mirage

Maybe @Fummins can take a look at the vehicles in his pool where that Vehicle speed sensor hooks up into the ECM module
    Are you asking where the sensor is or where the speed sensor(I assume output) wire enter the ecu/ecm?

The output speed sensor, the one that the speedometer and odometer run off of is on the rear left side of the case nearest the cv axle. I assume there's only one sensor on the 5spd's and it's probably in a similar place as the cvt. The only other sensor that I can think of being on the 5spd would be the reverse switch.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Are you asking where the sensor is or where the speed sensor(I assume output) wire enter the ecu/ecm?

The output speed sensor, the one that the speedometer and odometer run off of is on the rear left side of the case nearest the cv axle. I assume there's only one sensor on the 5spd's and it's probably in a similar place as the cvt. The only other sensor that I can think of being on the 5spd would be the reverse switch.
    As per schematic diagram, the (3) sensors for the CVT connect to the transaxle control module, but for the 5spd's there's no mention where the output wire of the VSS is connected to.

Gotcha, that I don't know. I've never worked on a 5spd Mirage.

Mirage videos: