Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transmission Speed Sensor Location - Mirage 2014 1000cc.

Country
    Pakistan
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Transmission Speed Sensor Location - Mirage 2014 1000cc.

Hello.

Can anyone tell me where is the transmission speed sensor is location in mirage 2014 - 1000cc.

Regards

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    manual or cvt?
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2014 View Post
    Hello.

Can anyone tell me where is the transmission speed sensor is location in mirage 2014 - 1000cc.

Regards
    I may be wrong, but it is my understanding that there is none. Vehicle speed is acquired from the wheel speed sensors through the ASC-ECU.

Reference 13A-350 through 13A-351 of the 2015 Mirage service manual. I doubt the 2014 is any different.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage2014 View Post
    ...where is the transmission speed sensor is location in mirage 2014...
    Do you have a check engine light or other problem with the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    ...Vehicle speed is acquired from the wheel speed sensors through the ASC-ECU.
    ...Reference 13A-350 through 13A-351 of the 2015 Mirage service manual.
    That's interesting...I may have to test that by unplugging all of my wheel speed sensors and checking if my speedometer fails to operate.

OK...so here's where it gets confusing for Mirage2014. I assume he has a CVT because he is specifically asking about a transmission speed sensor...which is traditionally associated with an automatic transmission.

A CVT Mirage has 3 speed sensors:

1. Primary speed sensor
    2. Secondary speed sensor
    3. Output speed sensor

The first two sensors are used to control the pulleys inside the transmission. The output speed sensor sends the speed of the transmission output shaft to the computer. I always assumed this is where a CVT Mirage got its speed signal from? But Eggman's service manual reference has me second-guessing that now.

I've had other cars that when the output speed sensor failed, the computer has no idea how fast the car is going. When this happens, the car shifts poorly (or more likely...the transmission is stuck in "limp" mode) and the speedometer won't work. I'm not 100% certain of this on the Mirage because it has other sensors it may be using (like the wheel speed sensors). This would also explain how a manual transmission Mirage speedometer works...because a manual transmission doesn't have an output speed sensor.

You can find the location of these CVT sensors by checking the "Component Location" section of the service manual...

Name:  manual.png
Views: 4264
Size:  2.5 KB

Here is the output speed sensor location image from the service manual...

Name:  output.jpg
Views: 7687
Size:  37.4 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 11-19-2017 at 12:26 PM. Reason: spelling

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (11-19-2017),Eggman (11-19-2017)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Do you have a check engine light or other problem with the car?

That's interesting...I may have to test that by unplugging all of my wheel speed sensors and checking if my speedometer fails to operate.

OK...so here's where it gets confusing for Mirage2014. I assume he has a CVT because he is specifically asking about a transmission speed sensor...which is traditionally associated with an automatic transmission.

A CVT Mirage has 3 speed sensors:

1. Primary speed sensor
    2. Secondary speed sensor
    3. Output speed sensor

The first two sensors are used to control the pulleys inside the transmission. The output speed sensor sends the speed of the transmission output shaft to the computer. I always assumed this is where a CVT Mirage got its speed signal from? But Eggman's service manual reference has me second-guessing that now.

I've had other cars that when the output speed sensor failed, the computer has no idea how fast the car is going. When this happens, the car shifts poorly (or more likely...the transmission is stuck in "limp" mode) and the speedometer won't work. I'm not 100% certain of this on the Mirage because it has other sensors it may be using (like the wheel speed sensors). This would also explain how a manual transmission Mirage speedometer works...because a manual transmission doesn't have an output speed sensor.

You can find the location of these CVT sensors by checking the "Component Location" section of the service manual...

Name:  manual.png
Views: 4264
Size:  2.5 KB

Here is the output speed sensor location image from the service manual...

Name:  output.jpg
Views: 7687
Size:  37.4 KB
    Thanks for the reply and sorry for getting back too late, as i was out of country.

Anyway, i am having a strange problem with my mirage 2014 - 1000cc - CVT.

Suddenly the fuel avg dropped remarkably. Before i use to get 490 - 500km in a full tank and it suddenly dropped to 280km in a full tank. That is what created an alarm for me.

There is no check light. Throttle Body, CAT, Air Filter every thing is neat and clean and in top notch condition.

The problem is that i also feel a hesitation when i take my foot on the accelerator, specifically when it is coming down from 2nd to 1st gear.

I got it on different OBD scanners, and one scanner gave an an error on Secondary Transmission Sensor.

Now the thing is, i am Pakistan, and here we don't have electrical parts for it. The car was imported from Japan, and it had only 11,000km on it. I started giving this issue when it got over 17,000km approx and now i am still driving it with a heavy fuel cost.

If someone can tell the exact location of Secondary Transmission Sensor, i can try to get it from abroad and check with it.

Regards

You still haven't said whether you have a 5 speed or automatic??
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Pakistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You still haven't said whether you have a 5 speed or automatic?? I think I recall someone from there having a similar problem with a 1.0l on a different thread. But I'm too lazy to look.
    1000CC - CVT - Automatic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage2014 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-16-2018)

Exactly what code did you get? A P0720?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

The "secondary sensor" looks like it's at the top of the transmission.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    ...the secondary speed sensor is on page 23a-125 in the service manual.
    Here it is...

Name:  cvt.jpg
Views: 8927
Size:  96.2 KB

Name:  secondary.jpg
Views: 5424
Size:  54.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Avgjohndoe (05-11-2020),Daox (01-16-2018),Fummins (01-16-2018)