Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 50 MPG Mirage club - are you in it? (4.7 L/100 km)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Have broken 50 trip mpg, but in the winter I generally watch it climb back to 35 on my commute after a 0mpg warmup. Hopefully I'll be able to start recovering my average this summer! My coworkers have me in the bad habit of idling to warm up. Forgive me for I have sinned, but it gets cold up here in Wisconsin.

2014 Mirage GLX 5MT Plasma Purple
    2004 Accord EX 5MT Graphite Pearl RIP

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public. -- That's why Ford outsells Mitsu in the US

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bzacon View Post
    Have broken 50 trip mpg, but in the winter I generally watch it climb back to 35 on my commute after a 0mpg warmup. Hopefully I'll be able to start recovering my average this summer! My coworkers have me in the bad habit of idling to warm up. Forgive me for I have sinned, but it gets cold up here in Wisconsin.
    The best way to warm up your car in cold weather is to drive it gently. This allows the transmission to warm up faster too.

Consider using a block heater, a grill block, and even a warm air intake. Of the three, the block heater costs the most in materials and operation. The last two are virtually free if you find some scrap materials.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

El Kapitan (07-25-2018),MetroMPG (03-27-2018)