Thread: Swap climate control panel into basic panel

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Swap climate control panel into basic panel

My newest Mirage has the basic heating and cooling controls, the three knobs and a wee pushbutton for the A/C.

I'm seeing climate control panels on EBAY for a decent price and I'd like to swap my basic panel for the climate control panel if I can.

Does anyone have any ideas if this will work, and further, is it going to be a Saturday afternoon or a week of cursing and swearing only to have to partially function when it's all done?

thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    (blank signature)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-30-2017)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks for the link. Clever me thought I was the only one to consider doing this. lol. Never thought to try a search.

Kind of bummed it's not worth doing. I have a Saturn, 2007, basic 3 dial, problematic with the switches and the vacuum to open and close stuff. My ex's 3 dial Toyota, 2006, is acting up. The shops who looked at our cars said they are sure the problems we're facing are coming from the controls. Oh well. Let's hope the Mits mechanical controls are better engineered than Saturn or Toyota. lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Thanks for the link. Clever me thought I was the only one to consider doing this. lol. Never thought to try a search.

Kind of bummed it's not worth doing. I have a Saturn, 2007, basic 3 dial, problematic with the switches and the vacuum to open and close stuff. My ex's 3 dial Toyota, 2006, is acting up. The shops who looked at our cars said they are sure the problems we're facing are coming from the controls. Oh well. Let's hope the Mits mechanical controls are better engineered than Saturn or Toyota. lol.
    They shouldn't cause too much trouble. The manual controls on the 2017 Mirage ES are actually, well...MANUAL. Actuation is done via actual steel cables. Not much to go wrong there!

That being said, I don't think we have had too many reports of issues with the automatic controls on the '14-'15 DE/ES models or the '17 SE/GT models, either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I hope to switch too manual hvac. Auto to manual probably isn't bad but manual to auto is probably a lot harder.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Note that the heater/evaporator case assembly for the Mirage has 2 different part numbers with significantly different prices. My guess is that the assemblies for auto and manual climate control may be different.

Name:  acbox.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  87.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-30-2017),MightyMirageMpg (11-30-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mechanically ide guess it's pretty straightforward if you have both cars in front of you.

But the scary part is the multi-page electrical schematic. It interfaces with the etacs and can-bus stuff (ie; above my skill level)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Were it an easy change, I'd prefer mechanical dials. I find the automatic system buttons too fiddly to use while driving and I rarely use the automatic mode. At least for me, a two or 3 knob system rules!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranny For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-01-2017)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranny View Post
    Were it an easy change, I'd prefer mechanical dials. I find the automatic system buttons too fiddly to use while driving and I rarely use the automatic mode. At least for me, a two or 3 knob system rules!
    Agreed!

(blank signature)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (12-01-2017)