Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mitsubishi 2017 Summer extended warranty promotion

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    Mitsubishi 2017 Summer extended warranty promotion

    In Canada at least, Mitsu offered a no charge extended warranty starting on July 1, 2017, I think. This program ended Nov 30,2017. They doubled the comprehensive and roadside coverage to 10 years with unlimited kms for roadside and 160,000kms for the comprehensive. All other coverage remained the same AFAIK.

    My car was built in Aug of 2017 and put into service for the first time in Sept. 2017 so it clearly falls in the window of the free extended coverage.

    I registered with mymitsubishi.ca and looked up my warranty. Nothing was mentioned about the extended coverage, just the standard 5 year terms. So here's my concern. How do I prove I have extended coverage in say, year 7 when something fails on the car that is covered by the comprehensive? Or how do I convince roadside assistance to come and help me after year 5 if my Mirage breaks down?

    Mitsubishi has removed all traces of the warranty promotion from their website that I can see. I can google an article or two that shows the warranty promotion but I can't find anything official.

    Does any one have any suggestions how I go about getting proof of my extended warranty?


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.8 mpg (Imp)


  2. #2
    Moderator inuvik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Coos Bay, OR
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,762
    Thanks
    1,351
    Thanked 586 Times in 432 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    In Canada at least, Mitsu offered a no charge extended warranty starting on July 1, 2017, I think. This program ended Nov 30,2017. They doubled the comprehensive and roadside coverage to 10 years with unlimited kms for roadside and 160,000kms for the comprehensive. All other coverage remained the same AFAIK.

    My car was built in Aug of 2017 and put into service for the first time in Sept. 2017 so it clearly falls in the window of the free extended coverage.

    I registered with mymitsubishi.ca and looked up my warranty. Nothing was mentioned about the extended coverage, just the standard 5 year terms. So here's my concern. How do I prove I have extended coverage in say, year 7 when something fails on the car that is covered by the comprehensive? Or how do I convince roadside assistance to come and help me after year 5 if my Mirage breaks down?

    Mitsubishi has removed all traces of the warranty promotion from their website that I can see. I can google an article or two that shows the warranty promotion but I can't find anything official.

    Does any one have any suggestions how I go about getting proof of my extended warranty?
    Here ya go!

    https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...5357/html/html

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.6 mpg (US) ... 17.3 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.7 mpg (Imp)


  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Thanks, that link shows the promotion was in effect, but that press release from Mitsu could be gone in a year or two. I'm looking for something a little more convincing that will back me up in years 5 onward if I have a warranty problem.

    I emailed mymitsubishi.ca about the warranty but since I asked them a couple of questions in the past without an answer I'm not expecting a reply.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.8 mpg (Imp)


  4. #4
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,397
    Thanks
    2,258
    Thanked 823 Times in 615 Posts
    I would expect your documentation that shows you purchased the extended warranty would do just fine.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I would expect your documentation that shows you purchased the extended warranty would do just fine.
    It was an odd sale. I bought the car used with 156 kilometers on it, from a Honda dealer. So I didn't get any Mitsubishi warranty documentation other than the standard 5 year coverage as mentioned in the the owner manual. And the extended warranty was free as a promotion from Mitsu.

    Someone bought this car from Rallye Mitsu at the end of August 2107 and within a month decided they didn't like it and traded it for a Honda.

    Did anyone here buy a new Mits with the summer extended warranty promotion in effect and what kind of additional documentation to support the extended warranty came with the car?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.8 mpg (Imp)


  6. #6
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ohio ☼
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    3,397
    Thanks
    2,258
    Thanked 823 Times in 615 Posts
    I didn't know that warranty would transfer to the new owner.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.2 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)


  7. #7
    Senior Member Top_Fuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    836
    Thanks
    383
    Thanked 555 Times in 279 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I bought the car used with 156 kilometers on it, from a Honda dealer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I didn't know that warranty would transfer to the new owner.
    That's what I'm wondering. Mitsubishi usually extends the best coverage for the original owner of the vehicle. It doesn't say in the press release, but I'm wondering if a used Mitsubishi qualifies for that warranty promotion.

    Why don't you just call (or stop by) a Mitsubishi service department. Have your VIN handy and ask them to look up your car. They will be able to tell you what the original in-service date of the car was and what warranty coverage it currently has. You may have to go there in person to prove that you own the car before they will tell you anything.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 51.5 mpg (US) ... 21.9 km/L ... 4.6 L/100 km ... 61.8 mpg (Imp)


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

    Eggman (12-05-2017)

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Niagara region
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    67
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I didn't know that warranty would transfer to the new owner.
    It does, according to the Mits website "10-year/160,000 km Powertrain Limited Warranty*, a 5-year/100,000 km fully transferable bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty, The only vehicle manufacturer that offers up to 5 year/100,000 km accessory warranty and 5-years/Unlimited kms Roadside Assistance. "

    I have an email from Mits Canada that confirms ALL of the above transfers to the next owner. Car manufacturers can't invalidate warranties because of a sale to another person or lack of factory maintenance. All that stuff was decided by the courts long ago.

    Still waiting on my 10 year confirmation for both roadside and bumper to bumper.


    Zero, my 2014 ES Plus gone but not forgotten

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.6 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.8 mpg (Imp)


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •