Thread: Problem with the multimedia system

Country
    Israel
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Problem with the multimedia system

Hello,

I have a Mirage from 2013, lately my multimedia system (not the one with the touch screen), is not working correctly,
    whenever I try to volume up with the steering button the volume goes down and up, seems that its randomly.
    Since last week, my buttons for moving to next or backward tracks not working well. the backward buttons sometimes do the backward function, and sometimes does the forward funtion...!

Is anyone know if I can fix it manually by myself or should I take the car to my garage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Did you make any software changes? It seems that the buttons are responding, just the wrong way.

Because software can be reset.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Israel
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    No , I only connecting my usb with only music to the car. Never did an update for it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think I misunderstood your trouble symptoms, shimronfio.

If your problems occur with your radio-mounted controls, it may be you have a problem with your radio.

If you problems occur only with your steering wheel controls but your radio-mounted controls work fine, then your problem is likely with the steering wheel buttons and associated wiring. There is a procedure for checking this, and I'm sure it can be done by an individual with working knowledge of an Ohm meter to check electrical resistance.

I'm curious - has there been any change to your steering wheel, any damage or perhaps spilled liquids?

Any by the way, I was lucky to visit Tel Aviv years ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)