Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axle seals for manual transmission

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Axle seals for manual transmission

I'm working on a newly acquired beat to hell Mirage and noticed it is leaking from the driver side (USDM Model) axle seal. While the transmission is out I'd like to just replace both seals bit had zero luck finding them online. I think Mitsubishi may call them output shaft seals but that just doesn't sound right to me. Anyone else replace these yet?

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay so I got the part numbers off the seals which hasn't lead me to much besides websites not in English.

They are BH2077M and BH2078N.

Tried RockAuto, Napa, and Advance Auto with those numbers and didn't get anywhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay so I got the part numbers off the seals which hasn't lead me to much besides websites not in English.

They are BH2077M and BH2078N.

Tried RockAuto, Napa, and Advance Auto with those numbers and didn't get anywhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Mitsu part numbers. Hoping to avoid the craphole Mitsu dealer out here if I can. Bad experiences there so I refuse to give them my money.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Mitsu part numbers. Hoping to avoid the craphole Mitsu dealer out here if I can. Bad experiences there so I refuse to give them my money.
    Just order them from here.

https://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse...ealing-systems

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, I'm not sure if this is right, but after lots of looking I may have found SKF part numbers for these.

The BH2077 would be SKF 13478.
    The BH2078 would be SKF 13439.

These part numbers also match up to a bunch of Toyota's which makes sense since Aisin makes the manual gearbox for these things. I'll have to get some from the local parts store and compare. If they work... well... that would be great!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, I'm not sure if this is right, but after lots of looking I may have found SKF part numbers for these.

The BH2077 would be SKF 13478.
    The BH2078 would be SKF 13439.

These part numbers also match up to a bunch of Toyota's which makes sense since Aisin makes the manual gearbox for these things. I'll have to get some from the local parts store and compare. If they work... well... that would be great!
    That would be awesome. I doubt there is anything special about these seals...other than a Mitsubishi part number and box.

Still, you know the Mitsubishi-sourced seals will fit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Still, you know the Mitsubishi-sourced seals will fit.
    While this is true, I just can't stand them for jacking up prices for no reason. I'm gunna attempt to use the "Toyota" seals and see how they look. If they fit and work, excellent! If not, then I'll have to order Mitsu's expensive seals. Trying to cost cut as much as possible for a $400 beat up car plus the more things we find out that work with these cars that doesn't require Mitsubishi's parts department, the better.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    While this is true, I just can't stand them for jacking up prices for no reason. I'm gunna attempt to use the "Toyota" seals and see how they look. If they fit and work, excellent! If not, then I'll have to order Mitsu's expensive seals. Trying to cost cut as much as possible for a $400 beat up car plus the more things we find out that work with these cars that doesn't require Mitsubishi's parts department, the better.
    Hey, I would do the same thing. But there is nothing worse than being in your garage covered in grease at 2 AM on the downhill side of a major project...only to find you have the WRONG PART!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh it's happened way too many times. Usually when I have to do brake calipers on an old K car for whatever reason. Fortunately, this is a project car so if they don't work, it's not the end of the world. I will originally fill the transmission with the cheapest crap gear oil I can find in the close enough weight to make sure there's no leaks first and that the transmission actually functions before putting the nice expensive stuff in there. The car was supremely abused to no tomorrow so I don't want to waste good stuff on it until I know it's okay. I should start a thread for this thing...

None of the stores out here sell the SKF seals... go figure. So I cross referenced those to "National" and those do exist out here. The part numbers are 710110 and 710109. I compared the sizes on rockauto and the measurements were really really close to each other and they interchange by the part numbers so... here's hoping.