Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low buck tux :: 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage SEL (GT) (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Low buck tux
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SEL (GT)
    Titanium Grey
    CVT

Pictured with snow tires/rims on already.

Details

H.I.D. headlights
    LED tail lights
    Backup camera
    Tinted glass

Note the gps receiver on the dash.
    All it does is set the time on the display...lol.

Display Audio
    Apple Car Play
    Android Auto.

Summer:
    15" Lancer style rims
    175/55 R15 Yokahamas

Winter:
    14"Steelies
    165/65 R14 Dunlop wintermaxx

Comments: 10 / Views: 9591
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looks great!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Regarding the GPS receiver - I wonder if it might be used for more than just time & date? I'm wondering if it might also provide speed and location to the vehicle black box.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Regarding the GPS receiver - I wonder if it might be used for more than just time & date? I'm wondering if it might also provide speed and location to the vehicle black box.
    Interesting.

My favorite color Mirage!
    (blank signature)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I expect the gps receiver is stuffing a lot of info into the OBD system.
    It probably has more conventional use in different markets as well. Maybe nav is an option in some countries?
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Interesting finding, I don't know why they have the GPS on the dash board tape to the corner now. With 2014/2015 car with Navigation, the factory Clarion GPS are mounted under the central AC vent where you can't see it. Maybe they are being cheap or this big one don't fit in the same area. See picture of 14/15 factory GPS.

The GPS on this new radio is use for Apple Carplay and Android Auto when connected using your phone. So it will be more accurate then your phone GPS when you use Google or Apple map doing turn by turn navigation since your phone will be sitting inside the glove box etc...

Again this is not a fancy car so nothing is being track at the ODB II or onboard computer. The radio set time because you connected your phone to the radio and it sync up.

Name:  IMG_6896.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  83.5 KB
    Last edited by wmo168; 10-31-2016 at 07:55 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wmo168 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-31-2016)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Funny looking at your Canadian GT, it doesn't come with key-less entry and Stop start. You need a key to start the car.. The US version SE and GT has the key-less entry and Start Stop button.. Canada being cheap out.. :-(

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wmo168 View Post
    Interesting finding, I don't know why they have the GPS on the dash board tape to the corner now. With 2014/2015 car with Navigation, the factory Clarion GPS are mounted under the central AC vent where you can't see it. Maybe they are being cheap or this big one don't fit in the same area. See picture of 14/15 factory GPS.

The GPS on this new radio is use for Apple Carplay and Android Auto when connected using your phone. So it will be more accurate then your phone GPS when you use Google or Apple map doing turn by turn navigation since your phone will be sitting inside the glove box etc...

Again this is not a fancy car so nothing is being track at the ODB II or onboard computer. The radio set time because you connected your phone to the radio and it sync up.

Name:  IMG_6896.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  83.5 KB
    The general consensus seems to be when Apple Car Play or Android Auto are hooked up and enabled the phone/device gps takes over and the dash mounted one goes to sleep.
    Will weld for beer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 45.3 mpg (US) ... 19.3 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 54.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IchabodCrane View Post
    The general consensus seems to be when Apple Car Play or Android Auto are hooked up and enabled the phone/device gps takes over and the dash mounted one goes to sleep.
    Correct. If you turn off gps on your phone, navigation doesn't work. It definitely doesn't use the cars gps antenna for car play or Android auto.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zx2uner View Post
    Correct. If you turn off gps on your phone, navigation doesn't work. It definitely doesn't use the cars gps antenna for car play or Android auto.
    That's interesting, now I really wonder what's the GPS is for, since there is no XM radio in this system or any internal navigation function.... Very puzzling. I am not sure who makes this radio... The 2014/15 Nav one are Clarion...